1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot bunny

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Inexistence, Mar 4, 2006.

1. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

Has anyone ever used a story where Umbridge obliviates all of the testers so that they think Harry did really bad and changes his tests so he has to repeat the year.. and then something happens?

2. Lunarian

Lunarian Third Year

Not as far as I can tell. It sounds like the setting for a H/G story, having him in same year as her. But then again he could have to suffer through her and really hate her that way... maybe gets closer to Luna during Gryf/Rav joint lessons. Ron could start acting patronizing to him, Herm boss around even more.... In same classes as Colin... man this could really torture poor Harry's psyche.. I like it.

Anyway, thats my thoughts.

3. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Oi! Great idea. I like the whole starting a year all over again. And i wouldn't put it past the toad to do something to the 'upstart little attention-seeking brat'. You gonna write it? I'm thinking you should post a challeng in the challenge section.

4. Inexistence

Inexistence Seventh Year

I'm not going to write it myself, it just came to me when I was reading a story and everyone writes Harry getting really good scores at everything, like O+/O++/O+xinfinite and everything so I thought, why won't anyone cliche it?

I'll make it a challenge.

5. Aura

Aura Seventh Year

Hmm... When i said post a challenge in the challenge section, i expected there to be more plot devices and whatnot's. Him just failing a grade because Umbridge sabotaged his results is an OK plot, but that story can't stand with just that plot. It gets boring if he repeats the whole year all over again with nothing happening... Next thing you know, he'll be spending an awful lot of time with Ginny. Include more ideas, more challenges, things that happen along certain parts of the fic, make some rules about the challenge and things like that.

EDIT: Take a look at some of Midknight's challenge. Get some inspiration from there...