1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Plot Idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by mcatrage, Oct 27, 2006.

1. mcatrage

mcatrage Raptured to Hell

Well I don't have the talent to be a writer so deal with me while I try to explain this idea.

End of OOTP when Voldemort is possessing Harry and telling Dumbledore to kill him.

What if Dumbledore does try to take them both out with the killing course?

Now of course they can both get hit and maybe some weird shit happens but what I think would be better would be if Voldemort pulls out so that Harry only gets killed. However, Harry sees it coming and jumps out of the way. This can lead to either a Dark Harry against both sides in the war or a Dark/Evil Harry that joins Voldemort.

Either way he trains maybe steals a time turner since he is in the Department of Mysteries. I don't see him staying in Hogwarts after Dumledore tried to kill him so he could go traveling like Voldemort did to get trained. (I've never read a good traveling Harry story where he is taught by the best, realistically of course)

I could never write this but I would definitely read something like this. What you think?

EDIT: Thanks Vash I'm a moron. It is my least Fav book of the series

Last edited: Oct 27, 2006
  2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Well, if Harry jumps out of the way, Dumbledore will simply Oblivate him and proceed like nothing happened.

Then again, you could make things more interesting by having Fudge and his entrouage burst in at that exact moment. Imagine, seeing the escaped criminal Dumbledore pointing wand at Harry Potter and yelling the killing curse. There's no way Fudge would let him get away with that. That could lead to an interesting situation where Harry and a part of the Order gets under the Ministry's thumb, while the other part stays with Dumbledore and goes underground...

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

you mean Order of the Phoenix [Book 5]. Vold never possesses harry in GoF.

Seriously unlikely. About as likely as Snape washing himself.

I think the situation would kind of be interesting. Have harry be hit, but kill Voldemort instead. Harry is cast into Voldemort's body sans memories and knowledge of Riddle's life.

Makes for an original (to my knowledge) Harry = Voldemort story.