1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Gen 5

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Seratin, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    A thread for any news or rumours about the Fifth Generation.

Scans of corocoro were leaked and the sillhouette pokemon that was unveiled on Pokemon Sunday finally has more detail.

Zoroaaku: I hope to god that's not the actual name they use in the games.
    [​IMG]

Zoroa: A pre-evolution.
    [​IMG]

I'd wager that the scans are real and not shoop'd but that's open for discussion. Either way the evolved form looks like some sort of evil Lucario. Another one for the furries to fap at.

/waits for obligatory "POKEMON STOPPED BEING COOL."

2. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    What? The video games are addicting as fuck, I freely admit that I still play them when I get bored.

3. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

I'm not 100% sure they're legit, but they look all right, I guess. Zoroa's giving me the evil eye...

4. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

I'm wondering if this is one of the starter lines and they just didn't show us the middle evolution. If so... probably one of the better looking starters.

EDIT: It looks like it might by fighting/fire so starter pokemon chance is high.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Looks like Dark to me. >_>

Dark/Fire would be pretty win as a starter.

6. MattSilver

MattSilver The Traveller

Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
  7. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

I concur.

The games (main ones, at least; none of the Mystery Dungeon ones) are excellent. I love playing through one of the generations once or twice a year, and I don't see myself stopping soon. Everything else in the franchise is almost entirely awful. However, I will defend the first two seasons of the anime (up until the start of Johto). Also, the Pokemon Adventures manga is pretty decent, from the ~90ish chapters that are on OneManga. But I couldn't care less about the rest of it.

That said, I think there needs to be a bit of an overhaul with the system. Just making a new place with the same system has worked for over ten years, but something does need to change soon to keep the series at least somewhat fresh. I did enjoy Sinnoh, however. Much more than Hoenn.

(I still dream of a game where you control the Pokemon in a battle. Just think. Moves such as Sand-Attack actually would be useful.)

That'd be the Japanese name, though, and a fair share of them are as weird sounding. We'd have something much more "normal."

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

The first half of Johto was pretty fun for me. After that though. :\

Orange Islands were epic win.

Pokemon 2k is still my favorite pokemovie. :3

9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

So it looks a Nidorino/Nidorina thing? That's cool, I guess. I doubt it's a starter, doesn't have 2 evolutions.

Pokemon just needs some rebalancing, which has been going on in the newest games. Still, pokemon like Scizor and Salamence are way too OP (who thought it was a good idea to give a steel pokemon bullet punch and 2x on moves under 60 power?). I also want to see more interesting combinations like Fire/Bug and Rock/Electric.

10. Seratin

High Score:
    Fix'd. nearly sure...

They're definitly dark but as Serebii only has speculation we can't say they're pure dark. Zoroa especially looks part fire type.

There is big debate on both 420 and Serebii about the scans but tbh, if they are fake, then props to the shooper. They look legit as fuck.

My only concern is that they're going to occupy the same space as Riolu/Lucario and become complete gayfail with OP movesets. As it is they already look like the Lucario line's evil cousins. And they're described as "Evil Fox" and "Monster Fox" in the pokedex so...

EDIT: Yep, looks like pure dark. This gen had better wise the fuck up and add some decent fire types. This thing got my hopes up.

11. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Err yeah, it's 1.5.

Lucario's not bad. He's pretty average, actually. Sure he gets swords dance, but... I'd rather have something like Linoone than him lol.

The only problem with Lucario is that he's kind of odd looking and speaks, which is something only Mewtwo should be able to do. Zzzzz

Disappointing that it's pure dark.

Here's to hoping Venomoth gets a third evolution this gen. Or Koffing. <3

12. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

13. pdo91

pdo91 Professor DLP Supporter

Pincir all the way.

14. Seratin

High Score:
    I like Tauros as one stage only.

Pincir is overdue for an evo, as are Dewgong and Heracross and Ariados.

15. Sully

Sully Groundskeeper

Still waiting/hoping that Nintendo make a Pokemon game that lets you explore all four regions, lets you beat all the gym leaders at a higher difficulty level, and become an actual pokemon master after beating the elite four across all the regions and capturing all the pokemon.

Emphasis on the hoping.

16. Seratin

High Score:
    Me too. It'd have to be the last game of the series though, as they make too much money by doing one region at a time. A massive game like that would have a shitload of playability, rendering any smaller games useless dissapointments.

17. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Silver/Gold were the best. So much content. Nintendo learned not to do that kind of thing from how awesome the game was.

Chime's list of awesome pokemon that need 3rd or 2nd forms:

Pinsir
    Venomoth (he really needs one, look at his stats/moves/abilities, basically yanmega with 30% less speed and slightly better typing)
    Weezing
    Donphan
    Qwillfish (fuck yeah)
    Arbok
    Ariados
    Sableye
    Marowak
    Masquerain (go back to bug/water pls, why did they make it flying 2nd form?)
    Parasect

also, my team from pearl (just because):
    Crobat (SpA nature, heatwave egg move), Muk (Curse/Rest tank), Gengar (D Bond life orb), Toxicroak, Venomoth (tinted lens bug buzz psychics), Drapion (def nature toxic spikes)

18. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

I'm still waiting for an Electric/Dragon, my favorite two types in one. Barring that, I'd like to see more done with Rotom, which was my favorite Gen 4 'mon after Abomasnow. Rotom, as it stands, is pretty weak, so an evo would do it well.

Also, I'd like to see a main series game set in Orre (Colloseum/XD land), 'cause I loved those games. At the very least, I'd like some games set in Orre, even if it isn't in the main series. What would be really great would be a giant game in which you could go to Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh, all in one, plus perhaps even a new region. Not sure if they could fit such a big game on the DS, though...

Anyway, I may not even buy any Gen 5 games; after HeartGold and SoulSilver will be the remakes of my absolute favorite games of the series, so I may call it quits then just so that I can leave the series on good terms.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Changes I'd like to see to the games:

1. Get rid of the "four moves only" rule. There's no need for it.
    2. Better graphics, fully 3D.
    3. Ability to save more than one game.
    4. A global game that spans all the regions with all the Pokemon.
    5. Get rid of the Elite 4 and replace them with a anime-style tournament. Or, keep the Elite 4 but expand the online play to have official tournaments.
    6. Remove the ability to cheat (necessary to make the online play serious).
    7. Perhaps replace the levelling system with something more open ended (e.g. FFX sphere grid), which better reflects the fact that you're training/teaching the Pokemon, not just levelling them up in a linear fashion.
    8. Release a PC version.

If they incorporated all these things, it'd be awesome. Nothing short of an MMO would be as good.

20. Seratin

High Score:
    Rotom is a joke. It's a gimmick pokemon and not much more.

1. Yes there is. It brings strategy into the game, and limits Uber pokemon with gigantic movesets to four moves. The move limit is irking but it's needed.
    2. That'd be cool.
    3. That's needed. It's annoying as fuck having to delete one team to start again.
    4. Would be awesome but I doubt anytime soon.
    5. Or how about the winner of the anime styler tournament goes on to battle the Elite Four as it should be done.
    6. Hax'd pokemon can be detected.
    7. Get rid of the levelling system? rufknsrs? It's the backbone of the pokemon games. The current system isn't that linear as you can determine the way their stats change by how you train them
    8. You be kiddin' brah. Try Emulators.

Some points are good, but the amount of changes there would stop it being pokemon altogether.

The only real change I'd love to see is the box system.

There is no need for withdraw/deposit options when we have the MOVE POKEMON option.

Edit: Platinum team. Empoleon/Jolteon/Magmortar/Snorlax/Scizor/Garchomp