1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Trainer Shiny Values

Discussion in 'Pokémon' started by Big Z, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

Due to a nifty tool called instacheck, it is now possible to see an egg's shiny value as well as the trainer's shiny value. Why is that important? Well, if the egg's shiny value AND the trainer's shiny value matches, the egg will hatch a shiny pokemon. The tool also allows you to check an egg's iv values prior to hatching. Although the odds might be small we'll have many matches, let's still post our respective shiny values! Mine is 2895.

Poytin's is 1376 and Monkey's is 3973.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

Instacheck is pretty amazing- I have around 4-5 shinies now that I would never had have gotten because of it. I also hatch regularly (I'm up to about 17 or 18 now) for redditors, because my number apparently only comes up on pokemon that the person wants to keep rather then for giveaways : /

1987 here.

3. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

No kidding. So far I've gotten shiny honedge and shiny torchic. I'm waiting on someone to hatch my shiny ferroseed and I might be getting a shiny froakie and shiny absol later :)

I'm still waiting for a 2331 or 2369 to pop up though. Those would actually be useful on my main team with 5 perfect ivs.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  4. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Patch 1.2 is out: "This patch fixes various exploits that allowed people to read data through data interception. This patch is required to go online and comes in at 236 blocks." (h/t Serebii)

So... so much for this, eh?

5. Big Z

Big Z Headmaster

D:

I blame the asshats that used a bastardized version of this for battling, to know what moves were being selected.

6. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

Instacheck lives on

In one form at least. However if you don't have a digital copy you'll need someone who does or a powersave 3ds. Made by the people who make action replays it lets you edit your save but no stuff like walking through walls which is something that needs to be sort of 'constant' as well as having backups of saves or even multiple new games for multipls shiny values.

If you do try and buy one make sure you purchase from your region since the servers that hold your save are region locked with specific license keys.

Also my two shiny values aor 0806 and 2071.