1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Political Posters & Propaganda

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Xiph0, Sep 1, 2008.

1. momo

momo Groundskeeper

High Score:
    Gotta love someone admitting to being willfully ignorant and then calling someone else ignorant.

Unlike you, Yang actually used multiple studies, cited them, and used that to form his opinions. Thousands of economists and many institutions are behind his math including Harvard and MIT. So you should read it, instead of parading your ignorance as if it is an achievement.

HMM
  2. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes, dear. And I know politics, so I know this is a pipe dream from some nobody that Redditors like. Not worth your or anyone else's time.

3. Agayek

Agayek Prisoner DLP Supporter

The problem isn't whether or not UBI will work (though that is most definitely a question of concern). It's "where is the money for it coming from?".

There simply isn't $3T in the budget anywhere, and there's zero realistic chance that existing welfare programs are going to be eliminated. Which means it's entirely a non-starter to try to pay every any amount of money every month, because that money simply doesn't exist.

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

How about you discuss UBI in another thread?

[​IMG]

The situation in the UK right about now. By Jos Collignon of Dutch newspaper De Volkskrant.

5. Nevermind

Nevermind Groundskeeper

High Score:
    I don‘t know whether it‘s intentional, but I am intrigued by the fact that the EU is represented by only one star of its flag (a small fragment) against the entirety of the UK‘s on the calendar. Might be a comment on the relative "sizes" of the two parties.

Or it‘s just the star the UK will figuratively rip out.

Or I‘m just massively overthinking this.

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Probably overthinking, though if I were to interpret the lone star on a blue background, it's probably for purposes of recognisability - bit hard to fit the entire flag in there.

7. awinarock

awinarock Fourth Champion

[​IMG]

8. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign Prestige

High Score:
    [​IMG]

I'm not surprised that idiots are blaming PDP for the Christchurch attack, just continuously disappointed

9. Darth_Revan

Darth_Revan Secret Squirrel Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Birds of a feather hang together.

10. ScottPress

High Score:
    I don't even know what to say to that. Do you honestly think PDP is a covert alt-right white supremacist propagandist?

11. BTT

BTT Headmaster

Covert?

12. Psychotic Cat

Psychotic Cat Headmaster

[​IMG]

13. ScottPress

High Score:

Okay

14. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

Not the first time he's come up in this context, just saying, but I tend to go out of my way to avoid him, so... Anyone care to fill me in what he's been up to now?

Yes, yes, presumed innocent yada. Thing is, after you've already been called out by the 'net twice over on account of what you've been saying, I'm kind of not in the mood to give you the benefit of the doubt and just move straight to the doubt.

15. ScottPress

High Score:
    He made some dumb jokes, ergo he advocates white supremacy? Are you serious? I suppose you also think the Nazi pug guy is a legit Nazi.

You guys are unreal.

16. Arthellion

Arthellion Supreme Mugwump

High Score:
    Has PDP made uncouth jokes? Yeah of course. He was raised in a different era/culture. But he is most definitely not a white supremacist. Racist? A little bit yeah, but everyone is a little racist.

Accusing PDP of being a white supremacist is like accusing James Gunn of being a rapist bc of his jokes. Or Beto is a psychopath because he wrote about running over children with a car as a teen. It’s stupid and shows no grace for being young and stupid.

17. VanRopen

VanRopen Order Member

What the fuck? He's 29.

Pro-tip, you can just say he's done stupid things. You don't have to defend him calling people niggers with "everybody is a little racist", because that just makes you look like an asshole. Just condemn it. Even he knows how to do this.

...though yeah, there is some point between the guy paying poor people to hold up "Death to Jews" signs and recommending other YouTube channels full of the usual racist bullshit at which point you can say: yeah, this dude is at the very least ultimately signalling boosting this bullshit.

18. Arthellion

Arthellion Supreme Mugwump

High Score:
    PC culture didn’t start to develop until the past ten years. So yes, he was raised in a different era/ culture. Awareness of not making those kinds of jokes is a recent thing you can’t expect everyone to be aware of yet.

That said, I don’t watch PDP that often and only knew he had made some racist comments as jokes. If he’s done more than that I’d retract my support.

19. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

If you could not put words in my mouth, that would be appreciated. I said that PDP has been called out for dumb jokes before, which is verifiable fact, and that I'm honestly not inclined to see him in the best possible daylight because of it. This is NOT calling him a white supremacist (or shill or influencer or whatever the current fucking buzzword is); this is actually admitting that I do not like the bloke (which has more reasons than just the aforementioned, but then we're also getting into personal opinions on entertainment in that I think he's an overrated scream-happy dude) and still asking what it is he is alleged to have done now. (I will admit that my language was a bit accusatory.)

Honestly, my current assumption is that 8chan is as 8chan does and that sub-to-PDP is some kind of weird in-meme that I don't want to understand on account of wanting to keep my limited (in both senses of the word) brain cells alive long enough for the world to end in climatological hellfire.

As for the pug, we went over this at the time. I shall quickly reiterate my stance from then and blithley ignore certain other observations made since : Dankula was an idiot for teaching the pug the nazi salute and to react to a 'Gas the Jews' prompt, the UK government really shouldn't have picked that hill to die on. I was also not surprised to see the UK government do that, because it fit perfectly with a good few things I'd seen them do over the years.

I would also like to say that you, in that discussion, also went and jumped on me for daring to say that someone you like did something that I thought was a stupid thing to do. L'histoire, se repete, and if you want to cast me as some authoritarian villain, please feel free to do so. That offer is still open.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019 at 3:09 PM
  20. VanRopen

VanRopen Order Member

"Jokes"
    "PC Culture"

Kay. Dunno how you were raised, but it was made clear to me as a child that - as a matter of basic civility - I shouldn't throw around racial slurs. When people did, it was generally acknowledged as bad behavior. I was taught that doing something stupid because you think it's funny is still doing something stupid.

If you only started realizing that at somepoint between 16 and 26, then I understand your confusion. But you've apparently grown as a person, so that's nice. People can grow. I can certainly expect a man in his late 20's like PDP to understand concepts like "if I recommend something to millions of people - many of them young, with whom I have a parasocial relationship - it probably shouldn't be espousing racist shit", that's all. I don't expect much more from him than that.