1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Primer (2004) - WTF had just happened?

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by ip82, Jun 14, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Primer (2004)
    Drama / Thriller / Sci-Fi (more)
    Four friends/fledgling entrepreneurs, knowing that there's something bigger and more innovative than the different error-checking devices they've built, wrestle over their new invention.
    6.8/10 (4,596 votes)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390384/

Have someone else besides me seen this movie?

If you haven't, I suggest you do, if you're up for a headache... good kind of headache.

If you have, could you kindly tell me what the fuck had just happened there? I mean, this FEELS like a good movie, but it'd be even better if I understood who killed whom, how many times and why.

Agh, general idea was great, but realization was way too artsy for a plot as complicated as this one.

2. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

This is where the two guys build the time travel device, right? Total headfuck, and clearly one of the most confusing movies ever made. I still have no idea what really happened.

3. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Yeah, it's like Memento when I first saw it - I FEEL it's a great movie, even though I have no clue what's going on.

As for Primer... in the end, it's clear that those two had traveled months back and will try to stop their clones from ever building the machine, leaving two sets of each guy around.

But between the experiment with kids smacking cars and that part, I haven't understood a thing.

4. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
  5. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Heh, that only made my headache worse... This guy had over-analized the movie and still can't understand everything that happened. Fucking brainwrecker...

6. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Sorry. I didn't really read it, just skimmed. It looked useful, my bad.

The movie is just fucking complicated. My advice, just make something up and be happy.

7. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

That helped a little bit, actually, because it mentions quite a bit of stuff I missed, so when I watch it again I think I'll be able to understand it better.