1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Q4 2019 Story Competition is kicking off!

Prompt:
    Foreign Magical Regions (Setting outside of Britain) Length: 2.5 - 5k
    Get writing Folks!
    Dismiss Notice

Pro-Israel lobby: Obama supports 'ethnic cleansing'

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Antivash, Aug 24, 2009.

1. KingAzure

KingAzure Squib

Yeah, I thought screaming ' HITLER' would be a little too obvious.

2. Tarnum

Tarnum Muggle

I've read a book review in Haaretz, an retired officer's memoir about the creation of the Israel. He described the way the IDF dealt some Palestinian villages that refused to leave - they served the eviction orders, but the Palestinians did not comply fast enough, so in 04:00 in the next morning they went to one of the villages with guns blazing and executed everyone, about 40 arabs. The next morning they moved to the next village, etc... What's the proper English word for that kind of behavior?

Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
  3. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

Then fun part about WW2, is that Hitler got his ideas from the America's. During the 1800's when we we're expanding outwards, we had many opinions on how to deal with the "problem" of Native Americans. One of these solutions was dealt out by a Lieutenant Pratt, (excuse me for not remembering his first name, was a long time ago I learned this.) Leui. Pratt thought that the Indians we're still human, incredibly stupid, but Human.

So his "well" thought out plan was to instead of moving the Indians to reservations, which by the way, I am indeed comparing them to concentration camps even thought we we're not quite as extreme in blatantly killing them. if you don't believe me look up literacy rates, and poverty ratings in the current reservations. (Yes, they do still exist.)

Anyways, Pratt being the genius that he was, took some 75 Indians from Sioux and Cheyenne tribes, and tried to educate them in the ways of the white man. This strategy was meant to "take the Indian out, and just leave the man." in other words, create the "Ideal Race", however, instead of Jews, we have Indians. His plan mostly failed, but the idea lasted quite a bit longer. Some found the "error" in the ways, and stayed with the white men. Many just returned home.

But the idea had been there. From the trail of tears, instituted by our dictator like President Andrew Jackson (I say this as the Cherokee nation went to court with the US Govt. and Supreme Court Justice Marshall dictated that it was against the US Constitution to displace these Indians, but President Jackson said, and I quote "The Supreme Court has made its decision, now lets see them enforce it." So yes, he did spit in the constitutions proverbial grille.)....back to the matter at hand...From Jackson, to Pratt we have had a history of being an oppressive society, and have easily given the ideas to other people, including the Fuhrer. So while the Furher himself is a terrible despicable man, whos actions could never be explained via logic, or reason to, he didn't think of it on his own.

All hail the Red, White, and Blue.

4. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

"Providing Motivation.' That's what it kind of behavior that is.

5. World

World Oberstgruppenführer Moderator DLP Supporter

Erm, what? Seriously? What did you learn in history that makes literacy and poverty measuring standards for concentration camps?

I guess I should have watched that documentation where they showed how the Indians are put to work, killed and put to work on the corpses.
    Oh wait, they aren't.

6. Xiph0

Xiph0 Administrator Admin

Don't know much about American history, do you? :/

7. World

Well, if that did happen, I'm still wondering why he focuses on literacy and poverty rather than, say, murder.

8. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

Your right, lacing there blankets with smallpox was just for fun. Right?

And comparing is not saying that they're exactly the same. I was just pointing out how, like the Germans, we took a certain population and put them all on one general area.

---------- Post automerged at 07:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

I don't think you understood the point of what I said. I did not say we we're the same as the Germans, All im saying is that there are certain ideas that could be taken from the 1800's that we're applied in the 1930's. If you don't see that, I'm sorry.

9. World

While relocation was part of it, I wouldn't say that it was the main aspect of concentration camps.

Knowing the mindset of some people, possibly ;)
    I must admit, I don't actually know much about reservations. I'm certainly not saying what has been done wasn't horrible. But my original point still stands: How do poor literacy and high poverty rates come into play when comparing something to concentration camps? That's like comparing Mussolini to Stalin by pointing out rail timetables and investments in the agricultural sector.

10. The Santi

The Santi Professor

Hopkins, your comparison between the Nazi's and the 19th century American government was poor, and I mock you.

Here is an example of a good argument supporting your position:

Most of the science the Nazi Eugenics program relied upon was based on scientific studies started by Americans to prove how people of European descent were superior to Native Americans and Blacks.

You see, that's a logical argument since you can show a direct correlation between the Americans and the Nazis. Also, you could further elaborate on this argument by stating how, once published, these scientific findings would dehumanize the other race to the general public. Then, from that, you could postulate that once a race is dehumanized, people do not feel the necessary psychological attachment to prevent inhumane acts from being perpetrated against them.

See? That's a much better argument than yours.

11. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

People are claiming that this is our land not because of the settlements on it but because of the whole-Israel vision that is stated in the Bible. Stupid and unjust.

12. darklordmike

darklordmike Order Member

Eh. I don't see how this claim is particularly enlightening. Certainly there are some parallels between 19th-century reservations and Nazi concentration camps, but the term 'concentration camp' was invented for a purely 20th-century form of organized slaughter.

If we want to find examples of one culture being abused and imprisoned by another, we could pick from literally any country's history. It's not as if the Americans were the first ones to round up their 'enemies' and neutralize them.

Slavery in ancient Egypt, Greece, and Africa sometimes produced conditions like a modern-day concentration camp, and even the ancient Jews were guilty of genocide on a massive scale. If we are to believe the Old Testament, God told Aaron, Joshua and all their buddies to slaughter every man, woman, and child who were (inconveniently) already living in their promised land. The resulting massacre wiped out entire cultures from existence.

So yeah; nobody's got a monopoly on organized savagery. Hitler and his pals are not an aberration from human history, but the embodiment of it. It just so happened that they wreaked havoc in an age of increasing global awareness, and have been branded as the ultimate evil.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2009
  13. Randeemy

Randeemy Headmaster DLP Supporter

No doubt I'm wrong, since i know little to no detail behind the mechanics of WW2 and its underlying causes other than what is fundamental common assumption, but I have always been under the impression that Nietzsche's philosophy on man and the Superman was Hitlers reasoning behind his treatment of the jewish community. Again I'm probably wrong

14. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Maybe it was just Hitler being a galactic fuckhead and a bitchy little cunt who got picked on as a kid. >_>

Honestly, who cares why he did it. He was a shithead, End.

15. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

True Words.

16. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

No, it is very important to know reasons behind every historical occasion so the global society could prevent events such as the holocaust from ever occuring. Unfortunately we did very little to prevent Darfur and others..

17. The Santi

The Santi Professor

You know, I'm honestly curious. Did anyone actually give a fuck about Darfur? I mean, would you have supported military intervention? I wouldn't have. It was a clusterfuck that had FUBAR written all over it to me.

Besides, Darfur is in Africa, and who gives a shit about Africa. :devil:

18. KingAzure

KingAzure Squib

Umm... I care. A lot of people care, but Darfur is not the best example because it's pretty hopeless to save. But even knowing about historical events and about what happened doesn't help us very much. At the end of the day the world population in general belongs in the special school. A Dutch example would be Geert Wilders, blaming ethnic minorities for just about everything that goes wrong in the Netherlands and using his image and marketing to make it sound all right... who does that remind you of? And ethnic cleansing in Ireland, China, the whole Kosovo-Bosnia-Czech-Slovakia-Herzegovina and endless more...

19. Rin

Rin Oberstgruppenführer DLP Supporter

The Nazis DID hijack Nietzsche's work, but Nietzsche never uses the term "über Menschen", only "über Mensch". He's referring to an idealized person who throws off the current moral constraints of the day and forms for himself new, better morals.

The Nazis took the "over" part literally, pluralized the "Mensch", and brutilized everyone they could.

As far as Darfur is concerned, understanding what caused WWII, or the Holocaust, doesn't help understand Darfur. Nothing is similar about either of these except for the fact that lots of people have died in each.

20. John Hopkins

John Hopkins First Year

Darfur is...complicated. America does not need to get involved in another sort of war. We literally do not have the man power to do it. And if you look at situations such as Burma/Myanmar they really are almost un-salvigable. So while we care, we don't have the resources to really get involved with that countries plight. Don't forget the US and Britian appointed many of these African dictators.