1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Programming Thread

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Agent One, May 20, 2018.

1. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

It took me months for programming to "click" so don't feel down if you don't grok something the first, second or hundredth time. It really does come down to practice just like learning an actual language.

2. Fudoutoku

Fudoutoku Third Year DLP Supporter

Kinda forgot about this thread.

BUT, I found exactly what I was looking for: https://coderbyte.com/

Has a bunch of coding challenges for some of the more popular languages, but it's def missing a lot of em..

Anyway, it's helped a bunch.

3. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

I've used a similar site in the past, not sure why I didn't think of it before... https://exercism.io/

Looks like they've made a big update to it recently so idk what's up with that, but it has a good selection of languages and a large number of exercises per.

On a separate note, anyone know a nice way to alias a class name in Java? I'm writing a board game solver and would like to change out which game it will solve by just changing the game class around in a single line, but am having no luck so far.

4. cucio

cucio Second Year

High Score:
  5. Nazgus

Nazgus Headmaster

Thanks for those! Knew there had to be a way, just been too long since I wrote any Java... Will check out tomorrow. Just currently finished implementing my second game and my God it was a pain. Really happy with the end result though, so was worth. Need sleep...

EDIT: Yeap, that worked perfectly. Thanks a lot @cucio !

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018