1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Racing-type Games

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Starwind, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Starwind

Starwind Headmaster

Just got a Ps3. Looking for a decent racing game, in my experiance Need for Speed is pretty good, but I heard the latest ones are bad, never played Grand Turismo though. Street racing games like the old Need for Speed: Pro Street I like with all the racing types, drag, drift, etc... but hopefully looking for one where you can customize the car a lot. Thanks. Hope this is the right place to post this.

2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    If you want realism, grab GT. The latest NFS games have been...mixed. I hear ModNation racers is fun, and it gives you plenty of customisation :).

3. scaryisntit

scaryisntit Death Eater

The recent NFS Hot Pursuit is... enjoyable. Better than the other more recent installments as it went back to the basics - nice country tracks and outrunning cops (and being the cops and chasing down people). Not realistic at all, but it's for the most part fun. Just the single player takes somewhere between 12-20 hours, depending on how good you are.

Best NFS since maybe High Stakes.

4. Viewtiful

Viewtiful Groundskeeper

Driver San Francisco is by far my favourite racing game of this generation. It has great multiplayer and fantastic single-player.

5. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

I have Pro Street, and it's pretty nice - NFS trying their hand at more 'realistic' racing with significant wigger overtones. I had fun with it, in any case. Only thing is you can't really advance the plot unless you do a variety of tasks, and some of them are legit hard with the game set up the way it is [drifting is a good example]