1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 smasher video

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by The-Hyphenated-One, Nov 23, 2006.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

2. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    I don't get it. So, he spends $500, and he thinks it's funny to than smash it? That's not funny. It's stupid. It doesn't matter if it's a PS3, a Wii, or a Xbox 360. Why smash it, you're just wasting money. I guess he's going for shock factor, but all I can say is he's a dumbass.

3. se7en

se7en Professor

usually there is a donation pot like months before the release date. Dumb people spend $1, $5 to see it getting smashed... then with the donation money, they just buy another one. So they don't lose anything.

4. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

Stupid, but I'm kind of proud of Sony for making a product that seems quiet resilient to damage. When the guy is holding it the damage to it isn't that severe, it's obviously not going to work anymore but after 10 hits from a sledgehammer i would have expected it to look worse.

5. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

this guy bought two of the ps3's and smashed one of them. Then he sold his other one on the internet for double the price, thus regaining his money. Yeah I think this guy is a dumbass, but the looks on the peoples faces were priceless.

6. Cell

Cell Gunner of The Black Poison DLP Supporter

That was the whole point of smashing it.To infuriate the people who've been waiting in line for one for days,and didn't get one,yet that guy received one and smashed it right in front of their eyes.They were calling him names for smashing up the PS3.Meh,PS3 is not all that,graphics on par with Xbox,a little better,that's about it.Wii looks smashing though.

7. Ascania

Ascania Second Year

The same bloke did it with the other consoles too. just google for smash my xbox/wii/ipod/whatever

8. Darius

Darius 13/m/box

The Octagon - Say that to my face and not online m
    I just love the pimp outfit:D

9. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

1)they get donations. They loose no money

2)It started back in the day, as a demonstration to the stupidity folks will go through early on to get some of these overpriced units. It's designed to make folks feel like dumbasses.

I'm sure the traffic they get to the site plus ad revenue kick ass as well.

10. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

The PS3 is overrated. It's gonna be just like all the other consoles released before X-mas. There's gonna be some fucked up problem like having controllers catch on fire or consoles melting games and then there will be a huge recall and Sony will lose more money. (Check PSP sale losses)

I was bored the other day, so I decided to pick up an original Playstation. It cost me $17 for the console, 2 controllers and a memory card. I then spent another $10 for two games. It's been working just fine since I bought it.

Don't waste your money on a system thats just gonna fuck up in a few weeks.

11. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I was just reading a WSJ column comparing the PS-3 to the Wii in head-to-head competition. Basically PS3 is for the hardcore gamers while Wii is for the more casual ones.

Honestly, I like the whole "smash the *insert piece of technology here* things... Just like I liked the whole "Snape Kills Dumbledore" phenomena.

Smash My I-Pod is still the funniest of all though.

EDIT:

I think the reason this one is so resiliant against damage is because the last Playstation model would break if you breathed on it wrong and Sony doesn't want to deal with that issue again.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  12. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

And theres also some problems with the Wii. Not so much the console itself but the controller strap has issues with snapping. the actual cord connecting the strap to the hand is about as thin as fishing wire, maybe less.