1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

PsyckoSama's Challenge #2: A Very Ooky 'Arry

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by PsyckoSama, Jan 29, 2006.

1. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

I just got finished watching the Adams Family Movie and it struck me that all you needed to do to make the Adams a HP style wizarding family is add wands. They're already more than odd enough, and their long history makes them the perfect pureblood house...

The idea is that they are one of the oldest and oddest pureblood families in the United States, well known for their fierce independence and sense of fair play among those who actually know them, and for mental illness, amorality, connections to dark creatures (friends with the Munsters, another pureblood family who's lineage has become almost pure dark creature), and a penchant for the Dark Arts that would make Sirius's mother blush to those who don't.

My ideas for the family are this…

Gomez is a Master of "Defense Against" the Dark Arts and a world famous duelist.

Morticia is truly gifted in Curses and Hexes.

Granny is a Potions Master (well, her cooking does look like something only Snape could appreciate…)

Fester is a Squib, abet one with an impressive knowledge of muggle electronics and demolitions.

While the kids are both magical, and are not quite old enough to start their wizarding education… though they are going to muggle school because American wizards for the most part are less instiller than British wizards and the Adams are screamingly liberal by even American standards.

Now, only the idea… Really, I'm presenting this as more a concept so you don't have to follow it to the letter, but here we go…

Gomez Adams, on his way home from the world dueling championships comes across a truly horrible sight. He witnesses a young boy accidentally have a burst of accidental magic, which is something that could be expected at that age, what is horrible though, is that the boy is immediately backhanded by a oaf of a man who claimed that he was going to beat the freak out of him. Now, being an odd (Understatement of the CENTURY) fellow of strong moral fiber, he humiliates Vernon and takes the lad in…

Harry over the next few years is raised by the Adams as one of their own, with all the baggage that entails, and when he gets his Hogwarts letter, its decided he'll go to his parents old school, and that they'll send his adopted brother along to experience some foreign culture… and thus begins the insanity of Harry Adam's first year… I'll leave the rest to the author…

Rules:
    * The Adams are a American Pureblood family generally following Adams Family Canon and the above mentioned tweaks.
    * They adopt Harry.
    *Harry enters Hogwarts with some rudimentary Dark Arts training and a much more grey outlook, though he still a good person (the Adams are good people, just rather macabre) and if anything is even more open minded than canon Harry.
    *Pugsley enters Hogwarts with him.
    *Harry has a pet garden snake with a unsuitably cute, ridiculous, or bland name (Snuggles, Baron Von Snaffleputz, Steve, ect…)
    *Dumbles is a bit of a manipulative old coot (how bad is up to the author) and shits bricks about the light side poster child being an adopted member of a Dark Family.
    * The Killing Curse is not Unforgivable in the US, and Harry knows it… brownie points if the first years are asked to demonstrate the most powerful DADA spell they know, and he chooses this one (its only Unforgivable if used on a human target ;))
    *Thing is sent along to look out for them
    * Harry and Pugsley eventually fall in with the Twins to form the new Marauders.
    *Wednesday enters the school the next year to join her brothers.

2. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

That'd a good idea (as far as crossovers go).

The only problem is that will probably end up as just another PS reinactment, only with Harry being grayer and more Slytherin... Without Adams home and other characters, it'd be pretty much the same setting as any other new & improved Harry AU.

It'd be more fun if you somehow brought Hogwarts to the Adams family's manor... Don't know, a field trip or something?

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

I would definately read the story, but I've forgotten all about that show, so I couldn't really make a good crossover.

4. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Hmmm... well, I could easly see the Adams buying a house in Hogsmead to keep close to the kids (they are easly rich enough and would be easly amused by the new enviroment)...

5. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

I would read this, but demand that Lurch be sent to Hogwarts as Harry's bodyguard. LURCH~!!! And Thing can be his familiar or something.

6. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

Heh... who needs a House Elf when you have a Flesh Golum ;)

7. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

What about thing? What would thing do?

8. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

What do you mean?

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

Think you know the creepy dismembered hand thing,thing, that on the adams family...what would it do in the fic?...I would read this fic if someone picked it up.

10. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I would write this if i knew adams family canon

11. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

The easiest way to figure it out is to rent the movies... I could probelly find you some info beyond that if you'd like...

12. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

*nods* I know who thing is its just that your statment confused me ^_^''

13. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

O_O Oh. Right. sorry about that

14. Goddess of Ran

Goddess of Ran Sixth Year

Well this would be an interesting crossover. I'd definitely read it if someone takes it up. And since Dumbles is going to be manipulative here maybe Harry could just run away or something and ends up in US and then he returns to Hogwarts after a while.