1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Quirked DNA Challenge

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by Lutris, Jan 7, 2006.

1. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

I had this bunny, but I don't want to write it, seeing as im just starting on two fics, and my track record for following assignments is bad as it is...

TF, make it a challenge, and it's off my conscience for a while.

The way I think it is this: what if Harry wasn't exactly the son of his parents?

This originally sprouted off of me thinking how in the world could someone actually think of writing slash, which then turned into disgust at the snarry fics out there, to severitus, to this.

Basically, (and don't get me wrong here, this is going no where towards greasy or ferret loving) Harry discovers that he was produced, not exactly born of his mother.

Say Grindelwald had a powerful dark arts experimentist-type person try recreating the original Aryan race, or something along the lines of that. The scientist/wizard team continue the research after grindel's fall, and pursue the goal incorporating genetics research, and are leaps and bounds ahead of the regular muggle scientists, ie. from magical help.

Eventually, they finish the process, and need a source for the DNA, and choose the potters for the base. They take the DNA from Lily and James, and create a male altered human fetus, and somehow put it in lily, and voila! harry is born.

after OoTP, or even GoF, Harry comes upon this fact from one of the researchers, don't matter how, and during the summer, comes into his powers as an Altered Wizard, more powerful than the average human, ie. stronger physical body, etc.etc.

If someone could write this, I'd really appreciate it. The bunny is driving me nuts. Egads! It's turning into a squirrel! The PAIN!

-...coughs..-

So, the terms are thus.

1> Must be directly after GoF or OoTP.
    2> Must be Dark! or Dark!butlightsided!Harry.
    3> Voldemort Must Die in an inventive way involving Kitchenware :twisted:
    4> Harry must have some sort of condition from the genetic altering (as we all know, all clones have some sort of disorder... something like that?)
    5> Must have the researcher (the revelation one) as a mentor figure for Harry, be it magic, general science, strategy, battle, etc.etc.

Er, that's about it. Feedback on the idea, folks?

2. Evil Shnitzel

Evil Shnitzel High Inquisitor

Wow I really like this idea.
    If I knew english grammar better I probaly would wright this fic.
    When I will have time I will wright this in russian.
    Somebody should take this challenge.

3. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

TO me, once you start talking about DNA and real science terms, it kills ther magical aspect of the fic to me. You using spells specifically, or are you going to try to use real instruments to do it (which I don't think were around that time anyway, was DNA even discovered in the 40s?)

4. Lutris

Lutris Jarl Dovahkiin DLP Supporter

exactly... grindelwald'll be wanting to create an improved human. He doesn't have to use science , he could just use magic, but there could be some sort of thing holding him back, or at least his researchers. Possibly, they need to understand some basic concepts of genetics, or whatnot.

And besides, all the scientists and researchers would have to do is just help the process go along smoother.

They could just not know about the more sciency part of it until the fifties when they employ muggles to aid them... remember that grindelwald's dead, and he may have had a different pov than voldemort and his purebloods.

The muggles just help the thing progress faster, and provide ideas. It IS true that the muggles even in canon seem to be more inventive than wizardkind, who tend to just extrapolate on older ideas as a whole. Muggles on the otherhand, tend to create new ideas completely, inspiration not withstanding.

The whole process could be with magic... they just have to use some sort of potion and take a hair from lily and james, basis for evidence in polyjuice, where they morph into another human based on a body sample, ie. genetic information.

I think if someone takes this up, it's up to them to see to that aspect. I'm just getting a bunny off my conscience.

5. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

I'm at least attempting to take this up. :D

6. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

Posted on fanfic by author forum! :p

7. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

IMHO it seems like grindelwald would probelly be connected to the Nazis... maybe he was one of Hitler's occolt leaders?

If this is true, he'd probelly be less interested in the Mudblod/pureblood mess and more the creation of a master race through using the best that technology and magic have to offer. If one can't do it, the other probelly can, and if they can both do it and compliment eachother leading to a superior result, so much the better...