1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

Real Life Peggy Sue: What would you do?

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Taure, Aug 9, 2014.

1. psychobob35

psychobob35 Fourth Year

I'd skate out instead of playing goalie. I spent four years riding the bench in high school playing for a terrible team, when I probably could have made at least the second line if I played on the wing instead.

2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I think we'd take our adult wisdom and knowledge of what we're going through in adolescence into the experience, which would change significantly the way things are framed in our minds. While we'd still be affected by hormones (getting the frequent instaboners, e.g.), we'd have the benefit of having lived as an adult to put it all in perspective. I suspect that few of us would be as stupidly reckless (I used to race cars with friends, going 130 mph on country roads without seatbelt) or suicidal.

3. Darth Disaster

Darth Disaster The Waking Sith Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. I think about this a lot.

Save the world crap? Not really for me. I'd be mostly concerned about my friends and family. I'd watch the stock markets until companies like Starbucks and Google etc made their appearance and buy in early. I'd use the money to help my mother regain her health and take from her worries and fears she had about failing as a parent away from her.

I'd certainly apply myself a lot better in school. As a teen I was so depressed and undisciplined I didn't bother at all and it cost me several times. I'd avoid the army this time around, because I learned everything I wanted to from them, and instead devote that time and effort to The One That Got Away in hopes of maintaining our relationship this time around and saving her from having two kids with a moron who she's now tied too.

Then I'd probably just live a life of comfort and relaxation. Though I'd probably see if there was anything I could do to encourage Al Gore not to give up when it comes down to Florida in the race between him and Bush.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  4. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

I think I'd try not to be so damn socially awkward. I've learned a lot in the last five years about social interaction, and if I had that knowledge at the age of 11, my life would have been very different. Maybe some wee lass would have noticed me, or maybe I'd have had more than one friend in middle/high school.

See, I wasn't like this in my youth. I took very few chances of doing anything that would disturb the status quo of my life, and that's actually one of the things I'd do differently: take chances. For instance, I'd probably go to the Indiana Academy for Mathematics and Science for my last two years of high school, which is an opportunity I wish I'd taken. I'd also seriously consider study abroad programs for college.

Still, I wouldn't change too much, because there are people (well, person) in my life today that I'd want in my hypothetical future, so I'd have to do some things similar. But overall, there would be many things I'd want to change.

Also, this. Who knows, maybe I'd be an admin by now :D

5. Perspicacity

Perspicacity High Score: 3,994 Prestige DLP Supporter DLP Gold Supporter

High Score:
    I'd have done a Part III at Cambridge between baccalaureate and graduate school, something I didn't even know about at the time, much less consider. (My former officemate did one and then attended Harvard for his Ph.D. in physics; he's now a chaired professor at UCSB.)

It's on Sprog's "things I might do" list.

6. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery Prestige

High Score:
    I would have never stopped running track at 14. Would have gone on to college level ezpz. Would have begged my parents to switch schools so I'd have a soccer coach that didn't hate my guts. Definitely would tell the chick I thought I was going to marry at seventeen no thank you (homecoming queen and cheerleading captain or no, that was a mistake in the long run), actually finish out college, ignore every friend I had and have tons more random sex with all the broads I could have had sex with but for the aforementioned love interest.

What else... save my father from bankruptcy, my sister and mother from sickness, not punch that fridgerator that broke my fist three years ago. Set out a different set of guidelines for my current relationship that involve - wait for it - more sex, less stress, double the cess. Success.

Most importantly, if I could go back in time, I would have socked Yelawolf in the mouth on stage at his own show (which I opened) so that I would have the street cred to actually propel me into fame. Likely bouncers and the management of the club would have mauled me but notoriety is notoriety. It would have been SO easy.

7. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

[​IMG]

Relevant, I'd say.

8. Download

Download Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

I think we've all seen Peggy Sues where Harry ends up a girl. If you ended up in the past except in a body that was the opposite gender to your original how would that change things? I'm 99% sure I would still be attracted to women if that happened.

9. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

Would have abandoned studies on every fields except History, Sociology, Philosophy and Law still in Middle School. Would have focused on learning both German and English before High School. Would have tried studying in a german University. Would have started writing as soon as I could. Would devour Nietzsche as soon as I could too.

Would have tried to date a girl that while a huge tomboy and not cute, was a genius and just incredibly fun to hang with. Biggest regret during my HS was not asking her out and instead pining for a girl that barely knew I existed. Even more than trying Vet School or other questionable things.

10. South of Hell

South of Hell Third Year

Get good enough grades for a decent scholarship, not bother with the Maths part of my degree.

Convince my mate to not take the long way to that party...

11. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

I have a question for fellow DLP members which is a kind of reverse to this.

Imagine you meet today a 7 year old child who has understanding of advanced math, chemistry, physics and other subjects. This child can speak fluently at least three different languages, seems very good at predicting various events and acts more like an adult instead of a kid.

What is your reaction?

12. Invictus

Invictus Totally Sirius

Exorcism or Circus, such tough choices.

13. Vira

Vira Order Member

I wouldn't know if they knew accurate advanced math and stuff because I don't know those subjects. Languages can be explained away from either having dual-speaking parents or friends. I wouldn't think much of predicting the future unless I talked to the kid multiple times, which I probably wouldn't. Acting like an adult? I wouldn't notice because I don't interact with children and wouldn't know much different.

Yes, I'm a boring person.

14. Zenzao

Zenzao 500 Club King Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Winning Lotto numbers for the next few draws?

15. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

You don't want to win multiple lottery draws, someone getting that lucky is going to be suspicious as hell. Just win once then ask for some stock tips ;)

16. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    No doubt I'd think the little brat was a snot-nosed know-it-all who needed to rediscover their childhood XD

17. someone010101

someone010101 Groundskeeper

Honestly? To much fanfiction. I'd expect a Peggy Sue. Or a genius with good intuition.
    What I'd do? Not much of anything.

I'd be sexually confused, I guess, until hormons overrode my past memories or I just become homo/bisexual.
    As for social situations, hobbys and body language, it'd be interesting. I have a lot of female family & friends, so I have a small Idea of the differences. But we're no longer in the middle ages so I could just do what I want and shape my image accordingly.
    Well, gaming might be difficult.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2014
  18. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Eh, I'd probably think it's just a particularly bright kid. They exist, after all. Time travel/precognition is something that works for fiction but it's not something I take seriously in real life, especially after the Large Hadron Collider was turned on and nothing happened.

19. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

It's as if you're disappointed that the world didn't turn into Half-Life.

20. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    But what if nothing happened because a time traveller came back and prevented it, hm? ;)