1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Recommended Story Quests

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Dn18, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dn18

Dn18 Third Year

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2015
  2. Hachi

Hachi Death Eater

3. sage1000

sage1000 Fourth Year

4. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

What are Murder and Iron and Blood, Stone, and Sky? Links, please? I've never heard of them, and I like quests.

5. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm not familiar with Blood, Stone, and Sky, but the other one is quite interesting.

Murder and Iron is a Game of Thrones/Baldur's Gate crossover, where the protagonist is Tommen Baratheon, Bhaalspawn.

If you're not familiar with Baldur's Gate, a Bhaalspawn is one of the 20 mortal children of Bhaal, the Forgotten Realms' God of Murder, each of whom enjoy no small amount of supernatural power thanks to their heritage. They were born because Bhaal's death was prophesized, so he came up with a plan to deal with it. He walked the mortal plane for years and had 20 children who, if all went according to plan, would proceed to Highlander it up after his death, and the 'winner' would end up becoming the vessel of Bhaal's rebirth.

6. Dn18

Dn18 Third Year

I've edited adding links to everything above. Both are Song of Ice and Fire quests.

Murder and Iron has you as Tommen who here is born as a Bhaalspawn (spawn of the god of murder with various abilities). Blood, Stone and Sky has you playing as Rob Aryn who was born healthy due to a deal with a witch and because of this is destined to be evil (flavor of evil chosen by the player but Smart Evil is rewarded).

7. Cxjenious

Cxjenious Dark Lord

Oh, well, in that case, I've read Murder and Iron. Not the other one though. Thanks fellas.

8. Kraken

Kraken Sixth Year

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Hal
  9. Quiddity

Quiddity Squib ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
  10. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    The Matt, Newcomb and Taure quest is ridiculously fun, Menace's quest is promising, the Robert Arryn Quest is meh, so far. Technically sound writing but I don't really enjoy it. Going to check out the others.

11. I Burn Water

I Burn Water Seventh Year

Can someone describe the Battle Harem quest? I'd like to know more about it before I try to give it a go.

12. bakkasama

bakkasama Seventh Year

Alright. Imagine an anime series. In this series, humanity found myterious devices that can connect to people. These are called Valkyrie cores and they can absorve and, with time, improve technology which in turn improved humanity's way of life. The catch is that, for some reason, the cores tend to syncronize with women more often than men, more or less a 200 to 1 ratio.

Decades later, Earth is invaded by an alien race called the Antagonists, who arrive by making breaches in reality from which their army can enter Earth. In order to match their firepower, Valkyries began to be used for war. Imagine armors capable of flight with a pocket space full of weapons that improve the longer you have them. Missiles, lasers, railguns, the works. Still, it is not enough to turn the tide.

The series starts 58 years after the war started. Humans live in Arcologists, underground colonies to hide from the Antagonists and that in the worse case scenario might leave the planet. The main character is Rokusabe Koujiro, a boy who syncronized with a Valkyrie Core and thus can now attend to the Academy in one of the Arcologists. Typical harem anime setting.

You are not this boy.

We are basically one of the side characters. The goal of the quest is to increase the relevance of our character high enough that she could get her own spin off series. This doesn't mean that she has to get together with the main character but that she has to become a fan favorite. As far as I can tell, most of the questers are not interested in getting together with the Koujiro but to get there by other means.

Because of the choices made at the beginning, this world has a (-1) rating, which means that humanity is losing but there is still hope. About half of the characters have background stories you would see in a comedy while the other half has the tragic backstories. The character we chose is one of the latter.

The main atractions of the quest are its writting style with long updates, the fact that you quickly get to like the characters, that we are not constantly following around the MC and thus there have been little to no anime harem antics (and the way most of the characters are, it seems it will keep like that for a while at least with only the childhood friend fitting the mold) and the focus on character developement. Our character is suffering from PTSD and players want her to get better but she is damaged in a way that makes you feel sorry for her and protective. So baby steps in that front.

The cast (options chosen to determine type of world)

[N/A]Main Character (Main character)(NPC)
    -Clueless moron: Neophyte to the whole combat business. Extra moron included.

[N/A]The Estranged Childhood Friend (NPC)
    -The annoyed rival: Exasperated that he would come to the front as he is and sees him as a casualty waiting to happen.

[N/A] The other Childhood friend (NPC)
    -Superhuman:Has not appeared yet.

[]The Sibling:
    -Quietly Protective Older Sister: "I walked into hell to fight demons, but I only paved the way for the one I wish to protect most to follow."

[]The Ojou:
    -Noblesse oblige: One who is in power has a responsibility to those whom are not.

[]The Ace:
    -Broken Ace: She had it all, some would say she still does, but four-score men and half a dozen more, could not ever remake what she was before.

[]The Warrior:The one we chose as our character.
    -The monster: Man gives innumerable prayers to Heaven for salvation. Heaven replies with nothing but death to recompense Man. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill. Kill

Options not chosen:
    [N/A]Main Character (Main character)(NPC)
    -Already retired badass: Had previously had combat experience. Still a moron.

[]The Sibling:
    -Loudly Possessive Tsundere Younger Sister: "I can't believe the idiot is heading off to the front. Without me there, he'll get hurt again."

[]The Ojou:
    -Nouveau riche design child: I was made to collect power and save the human race, so I shall, even if I have to drag them kicking and screaming.

[]The Ace:
    -Golden Ace: She has it all, famous pedigree, looks, skills and a caring heart.

[]The Warrior:
    -The awkward shy girl: B-By the end of the week, I'll have made ten friends!:

13. Halt

Halt 1/3 of the Note Bros. Moderator

Following quite a few at the moment, most of which have been mentioned.

Age of Strife: Set in a world with murdering vegetation after a post-apocalyptic event, you lead a small town of humans in rebuilding civilization.
    Stark Transcendent: Roarian's Tony Stark Quest.

14. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    A while back, there was on /tg/ something called Waifu Quest, where the MC was one of a whole harem of waifus or haremettes.
    The premise was that the players played 'behind the scenes', so to speak, and had to both play the part of the typical waifu and try and flee from the ultrageneric show the quest was set in.
    It was (and still is) pretty acclaimed, but dead.

However, like all popular things it inevitably spawned a horde of successors, both on /tg/ and everywhere else, usually of lower quality.
    They were pretty blatant, too: there were (are? I'm not entirely up to date, I confess) /tg/ quests like Harem Protagonist Quest, a quest that basked in its metaness, Harem Bro quest, where the players unequivocally and quickly went gay for the protagonist when they were supposed to be his wingman, and so on.

SV's answer appears to be the aforementioned Battle Harem Quest, which is Waifu Quest with a bit of mecha coating over it and sold as brand new.
    I can't judge the writing quality or the setting or anything, since I've only glanced at the front page, but honestly, it really doesn't grab me.

EDIT: also this kinda topic is why I made the General Quest Discussion thread, but w/e.