1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

RL Questions that don't deserve their own thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Ched, May 31, 2013.

1. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Order Member DLP Supporter

Yes. I don't speak it, but I at least know that one bit of otherwise useless trivia.

2. Silirt

Silirt Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

This is pronounced khodahafez, which is their phrase for God keep you.
    خداحافظ

3. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Anyone know how to get creosote out of pet fur? My genius kitty has decided it is great fun to roll in the furnace runoff gunk in my basement.

There is a ton right around her eyes so I'm wary of using anything too strong. Cats can't deal with essential oils, so that rules out most human soaps. I've tried some google suggestions (weak vinegar, cat fur shampoo, and unscented dish soap). Nothing seems to work.

4. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Everything I've read said it won't be easy, and it will take several washings.

Also diluted vinegar and greasecutter type dish soap is common recommendations.

I mean, I'd just say some Dawn and elbow grease. If its good enough for baby ducks in an oil spill it should be good for your cat.

5. CareOtters

CareOtters Supreme Mugwump DLP Supporter

Shave your cat.

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

My phone is... Well, not dying per se, but if we're doing a comparison to human stages of life, it's definitely retired and suffering from a couple old age afflictions. Ergo, I'm starting to look at a new one and I have absolutely no idea where to even start except for budget.

So, DLP, good phones - Android preferred - in that area that straddles high budget/low-midrange (say €250 as a baseline, not overly worried about jumping up a bit, but I'd prefer a 2 as the first number of three). Would additionally prefer to stay away from companies that have been implicated in spying stuff, but that might be a bit too much to ask these days.

7. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    OnePlus 6
    Good hardwares at a budget other than that there isn't much else unless you like Samsung. Their mvno range is decent not usually just not my style.

If budget wasn't an issue I'd suggest to you the Pixel XL2 or XL3

Or just the 2 or 3.

There's Asus Zenfone, Blu and apparently you can get the Galaxy S8 for about 350. So dunno.

8. Nevermind

Nevermind Groundskeeper

High Score:
    If you’re up for a Samsung, you can do little wrong with the A8. I’m not speaking from first-hand experience, but one of my friends has owned one since November and is very happy with it (even though she came from an S3, so that’s pretty much a given in any case). The 32GB version is hovering around €290 in Germany right now, so it should be in your price range. The battery, display and camera are all very solid, it is reasonably fast (though nothing to write home about) and it has IP68 certification as well.

The only small issue is that you have to choose between a second SIM card and a memory card, but other than that, a very solid device.