1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Robber uses Craigslist to hire unsuspecting accomplices, gets away

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Demons In The Night, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

More than a dozen workers seeking $28.50 an hour for a job advertised on Craiglist showed up at a designated site in Monroe, Washington. Most wore, as requested, a "yellow vest, safety goggles, a respirator mask… and, if possible, a blue shirt." They didn't realize they were set up as decoys to confuse police, by a similarly dressed robber who pepper-sprayed an armored car guard at a nearby bank. The robber grabbed a bag of cash from the guard, then escaped down a local creek on an inflated tire inner tube.

fucking WIN.

2. azrael

azrael Professor

FTW. That is pretty messed up, but it's hilarious. it sounds like it could be in a movie or TV show. And really, those decoys were pretty fucking stupid. $28.50 an hour, and they were told specific clothing down to the color? They really should have just ignored it.

3. Onlyhestands

Onlyhestands Fourth Year

Inner tube escape is made of win.

4. Danjam

Danjam Seventh Year

I think at this point, the guy fucking deserves the money, for all the lulz he has provided.

5. Lindow

Lindow Professor DLP Supporter

This man deserves to be praised for his genius in this robbery. Definite win here.

Edit: 400th post!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  6. Dethklok

Dethklok Order Member

The power of Christ compels him not to tell you.
    Using stupid people to make it for yourself and get away with the cash?

Priceless.

I second the motion. Let the guy keep the money. He's earned it.

7. azrael

azrael Professor

Agreed. This guy deserves whatever amount of money he stole for pure creativity and lulziness.

8. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Agreed. Most robbers are dumb as fuck, but this guy was a Slytherin ass motherfucker, using unsuspecting people as decoys.

And then he fucking escaped down a creek on an inner tube.

That rates about 15/10 out of 10 on the awesome scale.

Dude has a huge pair on him, and a brain to go along with it. We need more criminals like this guy.

9. Twisted

Twisted High Inquisitor

What... what a MAN.
    On an INNER TUBE? I would buy him a drink for his audacity.

10. Padfoot85

Padfoot85 Sixth Year

I love living in Tampa.

We have the Super Bowl this year, The Frozen 4, The Rays are 2-0 against the Sox....and we have stories like this, full of win. A guy did something similar in Tampa....no leads whatsoever. When I saw this thread I thought it was our story, but it turns out this has been done more than once, the using Craigslist and decoys part not the inner tube part.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  11. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Ahhhhh my hometown! I'll give this dude props lol. I guess he escaped downriver on an inner tube and I'm thinking he had a car waiting for him somewhere. Or maybe a boat.

That was a busy day in town, traffic sucked.

12. Sorrows

Sorrows Seventh Year Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Wow, I hope hes sitting somewhere on silk cushions with a glass of champagne, laughing his ass off.

13. Zombie

Zombie John Waynes Teeth Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hmm... Has the workings of a movie. This idea could make millions if it wasn't already beaten to death. Atleast its benefiting the real world.