1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue Fox/Foxhunt by Axenome - Naruto - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Inert, Oct 2, 2011.

1. Inert

Inert Headmaster

Title: Rogue Fox
    Author: Axenome
    Rating: M
    Genre: Drama/Adventure
    DLP Category: Naruto
    Pairing: None
    Summary: In the depths of the ruins of Whirlpool, Naruto seeks answers, while Akatsuki and Konoha close in from either side.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4488167/1/Naruto_Rogue_Fox

The summary is for the sequel he just posted to the back end of the original.

Well, I've been meaning to rec this for some time now, but just never got around to it. 200k plus words beginning with a tiny divergence in the Mizuki incident. It follows Naruto through the Chunnin exams, with the sequel picking up almost immediately after.

Warning: The fic contains elements that would make many members cringe, and even made me cringe a little when I first started.

Helpful Fox, Naruto with bloodlines, and Superish!Naruto

That said, in a fandom that's suffering from a distinct lack of quality writing, Rogue Fox is a breath of fresh air in terms of originality in almost all ways. The fight scenes are stunning as a rule, and the author writes a very gritty portrayal of the Narutoverse.

A solid 4.5/5 from me, if only because of the author's need for a beta some of the time. Many members may not like it immediately, due to the warning above, but it's a quality fic certainly deserving of a read.

2. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

IMO, most unique thing about this story is the use of glass techniques. I've yet to see any other Naruto fanfiction create an ability this unique that isn't a bloodline.

I've followed this story since it started and it has kept me thoroughly entertained. The writing is decent and doesn't have any great holes. Scenes are usually well-written.

The only really big jumps are from the implementations of the bloodlines and Ancients. The Ancients thing practically came with few, if any, warning straight out of left field.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  3. Hashasheen

Hashasheen Half-Blood Prince

Imma read this for you Inert...

But I do believe I just recommended half a dozen Naruto fics in this very sub-forum that are all ranging from average to great. :sherlock:

Edit: Goddamnit, Inert, this man really needs a beta.

Edit2: This man has no sense of logical ripple effects. No sense at all. This close to giving up.

Edit3: Man Inert, you really killed my good mood with this guy. He really needs a beta to fix up all the many many both minor and major problems with his fic. I'm out.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2011
  4. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I liked this even with it's many flaws.

I read this story when it was first released and I followed it whenever a new update was released.

4/5

5. Necrule Paen

Necrule Paen DLP Elite DLP Supporter

This isn't the fic with the sentient trees is it?

6. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, it is. The trees are Ancients that are basically Old Ones, and the Bijuu were their weapons.