1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Rogue Power revised by twistedmic - R

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Aekiel, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: Rogue Power revised
    Author: twistedmic
    Rating: R
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Romance
    Pairing: HP/LL, NL/HG (suggested)
    Summary: Revised version of Rogue Power. Darker and more violent. An army from 2017 travels back to 1996 to destroy Voldemort and his followers Post OotP with bits of HBP.
    Link: http://www.ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=18167

Pretty good so far, only 2 chapters and is far better than the original version. has a good mix of anime type technology (mechs and the likes) with magic. Harry kciks ass and looks to be some kind of hybrid animagus thing (not to sure on that yet though). Dark and violent, looks to be very good.

Suggested Library Forum: Time Travel

2. dark.itachi

dark.itachi First Year

Pretty cool, I liked how it was a kinda neat and original idea. But I wasn't too sure of the pairing, Luna acted way too out of character. But the overall story in general was good and lacked cliches.

One of my favorite scenes was " The man stepped close to Vernon and waved the knife blade under his nose. Vernon noticed that it was stained with blood. "After all, the cops won't be able to tell that Petunia had her throat and belly slit before her car crashed into a wall and then burst into flame. And they won't be able to tell that nearly every single one of Dudley's bones had been broken before he fell in front of that speeding subway train. And they won't figure out that you were dead before you landed on that lovely company car you're so proud of, which you happen to have parked right out in front of your office building.

Feel free to scream if it makes you feel any better. Dudders sure did."

kinda twisted but still great :chainsaw:

3. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

It's Interesting....

3/5 -Average

4. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

It was interesting, but a bit technological for a magical story.
    Average!

5. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

It's an average fic. Plot doesn't really catch me thought. I liked Rustbyte's Backwards Compatible better.

3/5

6. Dragon Watcher

Dragon Watcher Third Year

I liked it but, it should mention something about how the tech works around magic and why Harry and Neville got new names. Like a flash back but not a story of flashbacks.

4/5

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Has anyone else read this and willing to give an opinion?

8. razz

razz Seventh Year

Meh.

It's alright, I suppose. I found a number of things quite annoying though. Namely Harry's "primal instincts" - which reminded me a little too much of the monster in his chest from HBP. Almost everyone seemed rather OC. I think I tuned out most of the second chapter.

So ... not particularly recommended, no. It was original, and did have its interesting parts, but nothing to make it especially outstanding. But that could always change in the next few chapters.

9. Zield

Zield Fourth Year

It was definitely interesting I'll say that. A pretty original take on the whole go back in time and stop the bad stuff from happening genre. I didn't really like the "Mech Warrior" style future as I deemed it, especially how it was only 20 years past canon. Other downsides were some spelling errors that in itself but that the errors were in important words such as Azkaban spelled "Azkabaan" by the author. Only other thing that really bothered me with this was the form of the story, which for some reason was just unpleasing to my eyes and bugged me, more a personal dislike than anything else. Last negative thing would be update rates, but that is just based on the publishing date and last update rate I don't know if the "Revised version of Rogue Power" means anything since I didn't read the unrevised version.

Definite upsides to this were the proactive timetravelers, doing something instead of waiting around for the events from their past to occur. The killing of the dursleys was a nice touch, not just their deaths but the methods, something that reminds me a bit of something out of your stories Dark Syaoran (though the reason for their deaths remains unknown). A big plus in my mind was that besides the short bit to prove a point with Dumbledore there is no knowledge of what happened in this future so while the seen is with Alexander Hooper there is no angst that we normally associate with timetravel stories. Last but not least would be the Harry/Luna pairing which we really don't see often enough in my mind.

All in all I say this is something to stop and read if you are looking for new works, instead of just putting it on the back burner.

I give it about a 6-7/10 not a drop what you are doing and read it now but if you're not in the middle of anything give it you look.

10. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Not in my HP fanfiction.

1/5.

11. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Agreed. It's got 2 mediocre chapters, 5000 words, and it's been abandoned for three years. Not worthy of the recycling bin.