1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Savior of Rome by Robin4 - Gladiator - K

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Andro, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Title: Savior of Rome
    Author: Robin4
    Rating: K
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: Misc
    Pairing: Maximus/Lucinda
    Summary: Here an alternate ending to the movie, presuming that Commodus chose not to fight Maximus in the arena. Here he instead decides to hold him until a later date, but destiny intevenes and forces them to fight on the same side to save Rome.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/109270/1/Savior_of_Rome

That's right, Gladiator the movie. It's a fairly short story clocking in at 25,000 words, written to a high standard and fast-paced. Excellent characterizations all around, and the climactic battle is great.

2. GiantMonkeyMan

GiantMonkeyMan High Inquisitor

I actually enjoyed this a lot.

My only problem with it was the epilogue not really explaining what Maximus intended to do to build Rome up again after Commodus' idiocy and the random duel between the Emperor and Maximus right after the battle seemed to be pulled from the author's arse just to kill off Commodus and stick Maximus in charge. 4/5

3. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Captures the spirit of the movie but with a twist.

I don't have a harddon for Rome shit like @Sauce Bauss or @Paladin but it seems in line with what I remember.

Overall, a quick read. The formatting is funky af. So if you don't have custom CSS I'd suggest getting some to make this tolerable.

I don't know if I can quite mirror the same enthusiasm as Andro once had, but it's earned its 3.5/5. Now I gotta put the movie on in the background.