1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Searching For a Very Specific Story: Harry New School Details Inside

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by Darkmirror, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Darkmirror

Darkmirror Muggle

After reading the amazing fics of Miranda Flairgold and Toki Mirage, I have trouble finding fics that are up to par with them. So does anyone know any author that have a fic that can be compared to them. Here are my specifics on what kind of fic that I want.

1. Harry finds the school, they don't send letters to him
    2. A new Name, like it when he leaves Europe
    3a. Harry doesn't have soulmate or permanent partner, he has love trials and finds love with different people.
    3b: or no love interest at all or bare minimum mention.
    4. Harry is HUMAN, born HUMAN not some mystical cliche kitty cat inheritance that makes him super cute and everyone wants his ass.
    5. No super harry, no superrich harry, rich harry is okay, like the normal guy who has to struggle through school with only his intelligence and personality in a school of cutthroats and mostly rich and influential people
    6. Voldie takes a backseat, Harry's main concern is to survive the school and related incidents.
    7. Various Love interests = OMCs

If not then someone can recommend me a original story with most of the requirements since the authors are so good they can be called original in a way.

Oh and there is this one fic that I've come across but I never found again. The only thing I remember is that Harry found a book in a creepy store. Arrived at the school and was in a chair that handcuffed him like all the other students. Then they are put in groups then went shopping with a professor. Then before they are assigned roommates, they are separated into two lines, striped naked to test their power then last thing that I remember Harry meets his roommate.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2012
  2. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Sounds a bit like Harry joins a frat and goes through Hell Week.

While I doubt you'll find much that fits all your desiderata, you might find something in this C2, which deals with alternative schools for Harry.

If you don't mind considering a non-Harry-centric story, the Alexandra Quick series by Inverarity is definitely worth checking out--it's about a million words long now (five completed novels) and is outstanding.

3. wolf550e

wolf550e High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

4. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's old, dated, abandoned, and most of the school stuff happens in flashbacks, but have Anarkia:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2400483/1/Anarkia

At 87k words it's a moderately substantial read, even though it's abandoned. Though not much progresses, plot wise.

No slash, though, so it may not be your cup of tea.

5. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Hah, gaaayyyy.

6. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I didn't realize you were being literal about the 'wanting his ass' part until number 7. Nicely done.

Also... in the words of memeFry: Not sure if serious... or just epic troll.

7. Darkmirror

Darkmirror Muggle

umm? Huh? Are you messing with me on the last line? I can't tell. Oh and I'm so tired of those stories. I mean I want a Harry Potter that doesn't have super pheromones on him that attracts everyman to him. That's terrible story writing isn't it? I like the Harry Potter evolution that those two author did. And I should have mentioned, I looked through all the C2, I have used the search engine on FF.NET and used terms like school,academy, institution, OMCs.

If no OMC Loveinterests then I prefer like minimum mention of romance. Speaking of which, has anyone got any idea about what's the title of that story that I posted at the very last part of my post. It's driving me crazy!! Oh and thanks for the suggestions of stories. Which is good cause I wanted suggestions and not notes on how liking fanfiction gay harry turned oc is bad.

8. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    You seem to be under a mistaken impression that we're under an obligation to serve you.

Making requests is fine, of course. But you don't get to dictate how people should respond to your requests.

If we want to mock your desire to read Harry smoking pole, then that's your fault for apparently knowing very little about DLP. You realise that almost no members of this site read slash, right? So asking for slash recommendations is a) pretty pointless and b) reveals that you're not here to actually be part of the community (as in that case you'd do some reading of other threads/lurking). Rather, it seems that you're here to pump us for recommendations like Harry relentlessly pumps Malfoy's arse.

Personally, I have a certain dislike of being pumped so. It's one thing to go out of my way to help people who are contributing members. It's another to answer the request of a self-entitled noob.

For mods: apologies if this oversteps the "be nice to noobs" line.

9. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Pretty sure this falls under Lord Ravenclaw's "Morons need not apply" exception for flaming.

10. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Someone's read the wrong kind of stickies from what I can see.