1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Seduction of True Darkness by Will Evans - R

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Twilight, May 14, 2005.

1. Twilight

Twilight Squib

Title: Seduction of True Darkness
    Author: Will Evans
    Rating: R
    Category: General
    Summary: Harry wises up to the world. Takes matters into his own hands and casts off Dumbledore. Dark, Not-quite-human!Harry. Includes HBellatrix and perhaps HTonks.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2362959/1/

Quite good so far but there might be a bit of H/Hr soon :(

- - - Edited by Zevrillion - - -

2. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

the story is looking good so far but I have to agree I don't think I like that it might turn out to H/HR. but hey that's just me. :(

3. Twilight

Twilight Squib

Im not quite sure anything will come of it, in the authors profile he says he loathes H/G and H/Hr or something like that.

4. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

true. but overall the story is good so far.

5. ulkser

ulkser Groundskeeper

yeah the story is good and i like the idea of making harry vampire.

i just hope that the updates will be regular and quick and the the author will not abandon the story.

6. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Decent fic... i think the author plans it to be a tonks/harry/bella... or atleast a hellatrix ... a good fic really so far i guess... nice to see non-slash vamp!harry fics

7. nightangel960

nightangel960 Fifth Year

true.. all the other ones I've seen have been Slash. :x

8. This story shows a lot of promise I believe that someone on the site mentioned that thier are quite a few harry is a vamp fics but all are slash(or most), so it's nice to see one were thier isn't any slash. Either way this is currently on of my fav's.

9. shadowhunter

shadowhunter Guest

It's turning out to be a good fic though I do wonder when the author's going to update.

10. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

It would be one of my top ten if it weren't abandoned.

11. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

This guy's profile on ff.net says that he will be updating this story in a week or two. It is a new change to his profile, so maybe the story will get another chance.

12. bornagainpenguin

bornagainpenguin DLP Archivist

Dead.

Author appears to have killed all his fics and renamed the account to avoid being found. I have a copy using the default templates for de-ffnet-izer and it'll be in the DLP.net archives when they're updated.

--bornagainpenguin

13. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

NECRO!!!!
    I swear to god I am going to post after every single necro you do!
    it's the only way to know for sure!

unless admin tells me not to!

14. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I've encountered quite a few stories where someone (bornagainpenguin) mentions archiving them.
    I've tried finding this "archive"
    Yet the only thing I see is that archive button, at the bottom of the page.
    And that only shows DLP in PDA format.
    So errm....How do I get to the archive?

15. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The DLP Recommended Archives a 73MB download the uncompresses to nearly every fic in the library. You can locate and praise BP for his thankless efforts here: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=5276

And Nytmare and anyone else listening: Do not waste people's time moderating the forums unless you're a moderator. Especially when you post in a thread and have absolutely nothing relevant to add to the discussion. In this case it's about "Seduction of True Darkness" by Will Evans. It's not about complaining that the DLP Archivist is informing people where to find this fic since the link no longer works.

If you see a bad post, or a necro, then report the post. Or message a moderator or admin to spank the newbie making a newbie mistake. Don't compound the problem with one bad post from a newbie with additional pointless posts from older members who should be past their newbieness.

If you read the rules anyway you'd see:

2. No more necroposting. As I said, only post in an old thread if you have something damn good to say. Library threads are excluded from this, as we want your opinion. This doesn't mean you may post "they updated!"

Even if it is simply to say the link doesn't work anymore, that's helpful to the thread.

EDIT: For those wondering, I'm pretty sure this is Will Evans old account: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/674262/

where he says
    So it appears officially... toast.

16. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Thank you for telling me this.
    I would have never found it otherwise.
    Off to read....

17. Scrittore

Scrittore Groundskeeper

It should be worth noted that the link to this story is now further below. Clicked on it originally, didn't work for me, now does, my mistake.

18. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

The spelling errors of HP terms are really annoying, and the characterisation is quite weak, especially Bellatrix's. The whole Vampire thing was introduced with very little development, and Harry didn't seem to be getting any weaknesses from the whole deal. He became unashamedly Super in the latest and worst chapter, which certainly doesn't help the story at all.

But on the flip side, I found the narration to be fairly solid at points, and the story kept my attention for the most part up to Lily's revelation.

Below average on the whole, but not quite as bad as many of those older stories on the Neglected Stories List.

2/5