1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP Shinji and the Doctor by machiavelli - T - Doctor Who/Evangelion

Discussion in 'Evangelion' started by ronin11, Apr 15, 2016.

1. ronin11

ronin11 First Year

Title: Shinji and the Doctor
    Author: machiavelli
    Rating: T
    Words: 197,450
    Genre: Adventure/Horror
    Fandom: Doctor Who + Evangelion Crossover
    Pairings: Shinji/Asuka, maybe Doctor/Misato
    Summary: Fourteen-year-old Shinji Ikari finds himself being mentored by the greatest English teacher in the multiverse. The real question is, will the strange man called the Doctor help save the world - or end it? (
    Link: ff.net

I didn't watch more than a handfull of episodes of Doctor Who, so I can't really be the judge when it comes to authenticity of the character but for what it's worth whenever he show's up ''on the screen'' I can only see David Tennant.

Story starts in the episode where Shinji tried to run away for the first time (and ended up aimlesly riding around in the train). He accidentley starts a conversation with another passanger, this weird foreigner who talks about ''dimentional rift above the city'', collecting the energy of said rift with a screwdriver and a can and Jesus wanting to be called Josh. He also never heard about Shinji, Evangelions or Angels.

Their talk is inerupted after Sachiel, who Shinji suposedly killed a few weeks ago, attacks the train with a completely different MO than what we saw in the show.

Basically, after this desasterous first meeting, Doctor sees that Shinji has serious issues (not just the Angels) and decides to stick around for a while and try to fix him. And everyone Angels, SEELE, Gendo steps up their game in response. Also, Doctor apears to not be the only thing that passed through the rift from Who-verse.

For me, best part of this fic would be the chemistry that Doctor has with everyone. Whether he's teaching Shinji that life is more than just represing, helping Rei to become her own person, antagonizing (well it's usually not intentional, but she makes it easy) Asuka, trying to figure out Gendo or doing this beautiful buddy-cop routine he has with Misato, it's all great to read about.

Fic is been updated once or or twice every few days at the moment and the author seems to know where he's going with this. Can't speak for Doctor Who fans, but if you like NGE you should probably give this a shot.

5/5

2. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Shinji and the Doctor has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 122
    Words: 234,912
    Updated: 2021-10-26 10:09:17 UTC
    Published: 2011-09-09 03:24:45 UTC
    Previously updated: almost 4 years ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.

3. Xion

Xion Robot Overlord Admin

Shinji and the Doctor has been updated with a new chapter.

Story Stats
    Chapters: 124
    Words: 236,587
    Updated: 2021-10-30 05:05:52 UTC
    Published: 2011-09-09 03:24:45 UTC
    Previously updated: 4 days ago

Brought to you by Scryer story thread updates.