1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sick and Perverse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xiph0, Dec 7, 2006.

?

Should Sick and Perverse be reborn?

1. Yes, as a subforum of Games.

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  2. Yes, as a subforum of Mature Discussion.

48 vote(s)
    55.8%
  3. Yes, as a subforum of some other forum.

5 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. No.

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. God no.

2 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. I laugh at those who vote "God no."

52 vote(s)
    60.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

It's been... 3-5 months now since the section was canned, and I've lately started to miss it (mostly as a good source of links for new members).

We've been toying around with the idea of asking one of the Admins to remake it.*

Murton (OneEyedMan) threw out the idea of a poll, so here it is.

Games subforum got my vote, seeing as the vast majority of S&P posts were just spam, and I can see more funny things coming from a place where post whoring is pretty much moot**.

Examples for those who missed the S&P in it's original form:

The First Kill Off Thread.

Dirty Jokes Thread

Clitoral Amputation Discussion

Nasty Birth by ChuckDaTruck/Charlie.

Hagrid/Cho's Corpse.

Lust of a Dark Soul

Finest poetry around

Giovanni and Charlie's infamous piece of art.

Edit:
    Please don't bump the above threads, they're for examples only.

*Mid(for when you see this): Before you cut off my head, go look in Introduction, then consider how many of those people you'd like to be able to link to the Office or even the Ginny poetry. This isn't trying to undo what MD is now, but bring back the old playground for sick-as-hell shit, with the same rules as before.

** Posts in the Games section don't count towards your post count.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  2. Erotic Adventures of S

Erotic Adventures of S Denarii Host

I think I arrived just after it got removed... So I would like to see it reborn.

3. Murton

Murton DJ OEM DLP Supporter

Yes, it was I who finally put into words what every DLP member has been missing these past few months. Well maybe not the majority of the untainted new folk and Middy of course.
    S&P is the epitome of what DLP stands for. We are described in many ways by those outside out community, with the majority of those descriptions just variations of that which is the legacy of S&P.

We all know we crossed the line the last time S&P was around. It got to a point where it lowered the general IQ of the community as a whole, yet without it, our conversation can become mundane, boring and most importantly, not fitting of the description we rightfully deserve.

I am making a plea to bring back the S&P forum, not only due to its pivotal nature in the essence of which all are, but to be able to have a place to post and discuss numerous things which may not being discussed elsewhere, but sometimes need to be said. Yet they are mostly of a Sick and Perverse nature, as the name entails.

I propose that we bring back S&P into our realm, under certain conditions.

1) To actually see the S&P forum, an option must be selected in the USER CP with the default set to off.

2) RULES. There are lines which should not be crossed, however humours they can be.

and finally.

3) No post count. Such a thing as one posts count are said to reflect the reputation of the poster, in numerous ways. Ones post count of DLP is a highly respected figure. You seen a bunch of new member join the board, post like crazy, and then you see them banned. Why? Because they are complete fools and don't have the Intelligence to either comment on what is being discussed, add to the conversation or otherwise. On DLP, ones post count reflects how much they involve themselves in discussions with thoughtful responses. If they do not do this, they don't last, as is the will of what DLP stands for. S&P should be no different. But as the nature of S&P in itself, it does not pose enough substance to be graced with the high level IQ that the rest of the forum possess on average.

S&P was, in my opinion, purely humour and should continue to be for those amongst us. Sure a steady stomach is needed some times, but I believe that we are all mature enough not to let it develop into the shit it became previously.

That is all.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Seconded and thirded.

I agree with that, since it could end up clogging "New Posts", but the default should be on.

No point in being able to link new members to it if they've just got it turned off auto.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I for one, would love to see the S&P subforum come back, since I arrived a bit after it was taken down, and i've heard so many wonderous things about it that i can't help but be curious about the type of thing's it would contain.

6. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

Sick and Perverse was fun, but people crossed the line. I'd have no problems against seeing it reinstated as long as firm rules are laid out with extremely harsh consequences for those who take it upon themselves to break those rules.

OEM's idea sounds like a good one. An option in the User CP would be an excellent way to prevent posts showing for those who don't want to see such things. Likewise, I also agree that posts in S&P shouldn't contribute to a user's overall post count. As OEM said, some perceive peoples' post counts as an indication of their standing in this community... and lets face it, the majority of the posts in that section couldn't have been described as intellectual debates.

7. Nexus

Nexus Denarii Host

I'd like to see it come back too. I have seen some references made to it in the older threads and I am quite curious about it. Oh and I support the idea of making the posts not count.

8. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

I watched S&P in amusement, while it was here. It was fun to see the shit that went on in there. I (fourthed?) support this petition. On the condition that at least two new moderators are appointed (with powers only able to be used in S&P) to watch over the section, as it's a full time job. And that harsh penalties (1-year bans, etc...) be enacted for anyone dumb enough to break the rules in S&P.

EDIT: And that posts don't count in the new S&P.

9. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

Sounds like fun to me.

The links in Xiph0's first post seemed like a lot of fun. Pretty please?

10. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Considering the examples in the initial posting, I wonder how sic and perverse was the stuff that crossed the line?

Oh - and if something like that should be activated it should be visible only for users, neither for guests nor for spiders. Shit attracts flies and repulses other people.

11. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Beastiality fisting.

Enough said?

12. BioPlague

BioPlague The Senate DLP Supporter

"Demon God of Chaos"

13. digitalstorm

digitalstorm Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I would love to see the sick and perverse section get reborn. After a long day of school the first thing I always used to go to was the sick and perverse section.

14. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

I agree, S&P was a hell of a lot o' fun. I also agree with the making it invisible to non-users/members. We don't need to scare them away so soon.

But I think one year bans are a little extreme.

15. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

16. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

The Modern Day Mature Discussion/Political subsections evolved out of part of the S/P Section, and I have also missed it just a teensie little bit -- ok I won't lie, I've missed it a lot. If it got brought back though, I would like to have both a UserCP thing and a vote by the current members of it about whether or not the person was allowed in.

That way, the real idiots could be kept out (so we wouldn't have to see or be linked to pictures of Dobby/Hermione doing the dirty deed).

17. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I agree. I want this to stay our personal disgusting, ;) guilty pleasure.

As one of the former mods/ whatever the fuck I was, I would LOVE to see it brought back.

But so much good stuff was lost....I'm concerned that this would just be a poor attempt to try and recapture the original magic when the site was new, and it had an "anything goes," sort of attitude.

Nevertheless, I feel like its worth a shot. :D

Post it in games, make it invitation only, and posts don't count.

That I would support. I don't know if I'd want to be a mod again, (need time to think about that...) but, I'd certainly hang around a lot :D

18. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

I personally never liked S&P much, but I always thought that a site like DLP needs a section where everything is allowed (as long as its legal, of course). IMO, setting any sort of 'reasonable' boundaries on S&P would only serve to make it into another version of MD.

Of course, much of the original material and atmosphere is lost and can never be recreated (which is why I'm against deleting parts of the forum for whatever reason). But still, I say open it under Mature Discussion, set up a warning sign, remove all limitations on what content is allowed, and we'll see where it goes from there.

19. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I would loooove to see it return, I was highly disappointed when it was taken down.

I like the idea of it being an invitation thing with no posts counting. Twould be good.

20. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

I also wish it was back, it was such a laugh some of the stuff that came up there, I told some kids some of the stories and their jaws dropped.

I like the invitation only thing also, only members who have proved themselves responsible users should be allowed. Who would be willing to send out all the invites though if it was brought back? Or would it be if you have been at DLP for so long then you are invited.

It would also be cool to show that you are a member of the SP section, maybe something added to the name?