1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Sirius is Harry's Secret Father Fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by StrifeXII, Nov 5, 2005.

1. StrifeXII

StrifeXII Guest

Are there any fics where Sirius is Harry's secret father. I saw one eariler and it gained my interest.

2. RagefulLlama

RagefulLlama Seventh Year

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Not really into those. I saw one where he thought of his mother as a total whore when he found out, lol.

I dont mind that plot device where they do that blood-bonding stuff though. He pretty much becomes Sirius' son.

5. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

Oh, I liked that in the Reign of Power. Sirius' one of my favorite characters, even when he's dead. I truly think JKR killed him off because she was afraid of what he could have done in the next fic.

Sirius as Harry's father- try http://www.fanfiction.net/s/941087/1/

but a word of warning- it is angsty and might be slow on updating [WIP]. The author's summary:
    AU A secret is revealed that could change the lives of Sirius and Harry. Warning some implications of child abuse. No Slash

6. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

This is a story i'll read when I get really bored. Might be alright.

7. Avitus

Avitus Groundskeeper

search the authors on ff.net for a story by Zemshug or something like that ....honestly the best dark thing i've read (i think it was actually the second fic I ever read...too bad its abandoned though)

EDIT: Et tu Monsieur Black? http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1838410/1/

8. Antivash

decent story... reda it a while back... too bad it aint been updated in a while...

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

It looked good, but yeah, hasn't been updated in more than a year, so I don't want to read the whole thing.

P.S. Love your ava and sig vash. :D

10. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

have never read a fic where this happens so....yea...*goes off to see what the story is about*

11. Antivash

dead and buried i assume... too bad too... and yesh.. the Av/Sig is the sweetness

12. Aytheria

Aytheria Muggle

Found this thread through google. Been a while obviously, since anyone's bothered to search for a sirius/harry father/son fic, but ObsidianEmbrace wrote one recently called The Best Mistakes: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6305342/1/The_Best_Mistakes

If anyone's found any new ones over the past several years and wants to reopen this thread, It'd be appreciated...I've been looking all over for some decent father/son fics and they're simply impossible to find!

13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    How do you even come across a thread buried this deep? o_O

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Bumping dead threads ftw?

15. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Wow. That's impressive.

More than a Five and a half year bump.

16. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Not like it was a stupid bump, she answered with a fic in response to the original question, and reasked the same question instead of making an entirely new thread. Works for me.

17. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:

Fair enough. Although in all honesty, anything with Sirius as Harry's father seems very unlikely than anything Severitus. Just sayin.

18. wordhammer

wordhammer Dark Lord DLP Supporter

I'm not as convinced of that. Harry carries not-so-distant Black blood and some features are shared between Sirius and James. Plus, it's not like a carousing friend banging his best friend's fiancee or wife is unlikely, particularly during wartime. It might more readily explain why James and Lily married right out of Hogwarts but didn't have a baby for two years. Maybe James was hit by a curse...

Though Harry's described as James with Lily's eyes, that may be a bit of interpretation fulfilling expectations. It's rare for a son to so completely mimic his father- almost to the point of it being implausible without magic interfering. It's more likely that people speak fondly of Harry's blessed parents and look for their noble traits in his appearance.

I'd prefer if the elder generation was described with more widespread human (as in non-saintly) traits, Lily in particular.

19. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I know plenty of guys who look exactly like their fathers. Although not at eleven years old. That's creepy.

"You look exactly like your father, with your mother's eyes of course. Yes, James always did look like a little child."

20. Aytheria

Aytheria Muggle

Just to add to that: I personally know someone who, if you compared his picture and his father's picture of the same age, at 11 or at 15 or whatever age inbetween...well, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. I honestly thought it was one of those 'fake-old' pictures that people sometimes take and wouldn't believe it was his father and not him. It was creepy.

But moving on: nice to see some interest re-sparked? Also, I've been reading some AU fics lately where Harry gets blood adopted by Sirius as his son through some twist of fate somehow. If anyone's interested in those (although it's not quite the same as being Sirius's actual son) I can post the links of the ones I've read.

EDIT: okay, and I really need to keep up-to-date on these things because I never realised people had replied...sorry?