1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SNAPE is EVIL

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luke, Sep 24, 2015.

Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke

Luke Banned

I always knew after book 6 that Snape had to be one to help Harry or he would NEVER defeat Voldemort. Period.

I HATE Snape. I don't care that he sacrificed his life or had NOBLE intensions. He was and IS evil to the core. He did things for selfish reasons.

While it seems complex it really isn't.

Snape is a man who we can all agree can carry a grudge. Deep bitter, blinding, hatred for his fellow men.

After Snape gave the prophecy to the Dark Lord, the Dark Lord made a FATAL error. He crossed Severus Snape.

He went back on his word and KILLED the love of his life.

He did everything he did because he LOVED Lily Evans.
    LOVE MY BUTTOCKS! Let us assume that he did love Lily. Of course he would side with his enemy's SON to destroy Voldemort for denying what was his when he was assured the Dark Lord would NOT kill her.

Because of the Prophecy Snape knew that his only hope of KILLING Voldemort lay with Harry Potter.

He treated Harry, and his friends with cruelty and spite for his OWN purposes. Namely playing up to Lucius Malfoy who was the right hand of Voldemort. This tactic was to allow him to replace Lucius as Voldemort's most trusted servant. Even KILLING Dumbledore furthered his ends to place him close to the Dark Lord.

Snape's ONLY miscalculation in his plan for revenge was Voldemort's miscalculation. Voldemort believed that he had to kill Snape to gain control of the Elder Wand. YEARS of PLANNING, PLOTTING, MANUEVERING to get into position WASTED when his MASTER turned on SNAPE for his own gain again.

The Battle of Hogwarts might have ended with SNAPE killing the Dark Lord after witnessing the last horocrux dying if he was not killed.

Some HERO! Some BRAVE man!

Snape was a Slytherin through and through. Snape was NO Griffyndor in disguise. He was NO friend to Harry, or ANYONE.

Snape said himself he is a good at acting.

His acting was so great that he FOOLED EVERYONE! EVERYONE!

Was he sad that Lily was dead and regretted being the cause of it? YES! It was his motivation for revenge against Voldemort.

So recap of my rant. SNAPE is EVIL, yet EVIL for his OWN purposes, NOT the DARK LORD's. There is NOTHING noble, heroic, or redeeming about the man. He is a cold-blooded KILLER!

If anyone brings up he spared the kids at Hogwarts. His motivation there too was no LOYALTY to Lily's SON. Snape KNEW that Harry would be back to Hogwarts. He knew that to destroy Voldemort ALL the Horocruxes had to be DESTROYED.

The Carrows would have weakened Harry's Supporters at the school. Namely Neville Longbottom. So he kept the Carrows reigned in and under control. Again Snape did NOT do this for reasons of being a nice guy in a villains costume. HE IS A VILLAIN with is OWN agenda. The DEATH of Voldemort.

So count me as one who does NOT like Snape and I await a logical explanation of WHY so many people LIKE Snape.

Severus Snape did NOTHING out of love for Lily. He did it out of HATE, DEEP HATRED for Tom Riddle KILLING his LOVE and what Snape felt was rightfully his.

2. Trig

Trig Unspeakable

I've stumbled upon a few Harry/Snape stories that told me he's just misunderstood and in pain.

3. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Sorry, I didn't read most of that. The constant caps-lock made me think I was getting yelled at by one of those crazy people on the subway. Also it looked boring.

I don't really know Harry Potter that well, but from what I gather, wasn't this "Snape" guy kind of the hero of those books? I'm pretty sure he was, like, this tragic figure or something? I dunno, I mostly just watch the movies, and Alan Rickman's a fantastic actor. I don't really think he'd play an evil character? So yeah, pretty sure you're wrong about that.

4. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Professor

Thanks for the revelation. Without it, I'd never have suspected the true nature of Snape's character. You have opened my eyes and I will never be able to see Snape in the same light again.

5. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, nah.

6. Stan

Stan Order Member

Why are all of our new threads in the HP section started either by Taure or by complete noobs who go on a posting binge before the inevitable happens and they get banned?

Last edited: Sep 24, 2015
  7. Goten Askil

Goten Askil Groundskeeper

Don't you see IT? It's because HP fandom IS dead, and all THE good posters either stopped WRITING or became disinterested with HP and started TO write only crossovers.

8. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Alas, poor Luke. His caps lock was clearly broken from making all these earth-shattering discoveries.

9. Innomine

Innomine Alchemist ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love that ban message. He died doing the right thing. Whose is it?

10. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Definitely Not Jon's.

11. ScottPress

ScottPress The Horny Sovereign –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'll bet it's Jon's.

12. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

:awesome

10chr

13. SnowBlack

SnowBlack First Year

I totally agree with you.....Snievellus is an evil bastard wjo should be executed.....all his greasy hair on ff.net is destroying entire stories.

14. corrwin

corrwin Second Year

Of course it's a dumb thread, but since I've been lurking for years and never participated in such discussions before ;)
    I have to admit that I never liked canon Snape, regardless of all we learn about him. Maybe THE tragic hero of HP, brilliant man sadly unable to move from his childhood obsessions, desperately trying to atone for the sins of his youth...it's all been said before, no reason to repeat it. But such an unpleasant individual. I can appreciate him, feel sorry even, but never like. The great game and long-term goals are one thing, but so much unnecessary pettiness...
    The popularity of him, and Draco, were two main shocks for me when I first started reading fan fics. When I used to browse stories on ffnet, I always used the option to exclude them from search results (introduction of this option - best thing ever, but why only up to two characters..).
    Reading HP I had to suspend my disbelieve not only about the whole magic is real thing, but also the fact that teachers like him could keep their job for so long ;)
    I feel a little guilty about it, but I love when his teaching methods get him fired from Hogwarts, consequences be damned. Only sometimes, very good writers make him grow up a bit and he becomes bearable.

15. someone010101

someone010101 High Inquisitor

Iunno. I never liked Snape, but I liked reading about him. He, unlike Umbridge, had style.

I never understood the fandoms fixation with him.

16. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I think a lot of it had to do with Alan Rickman's performance in the movies.

17. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Snape was a forty year old virgin. No wonder he was so cranky.

18. Andrela

Andrela Plot Bunny DLP Supporter

The movies are responsible for almost everything wrong in the fandom.

I honestly wish they were never made.

Not open for further replies.