1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Spider-Man Fics...

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by oakes, Dec 22, 2011.

1. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Okay I recently started reading Ultimate Spider-Man.I am about to finish it, and wondering if there is any good story around.

Tried reading some crossover fics but almost all of them had this angsty Peter who was continuously crying around. I mean yeah sure the guy had it hard, but come on...

Well yeah I would appreciate any recommendations.

2. Greener

Greener Sixth Year

This one's a crossover with X-Men. Non-angst, more humour.

Why Peter Parker Should Not Meet the X Men! by ZeroTheDestroyer

As soon as Peter gets his powers, he does three things to change his life: 1. Uses it to steal super villain money, 2. Uses this money to support his family, 3. Moves to Bayville. Things start to look up...until he meets the X-Men.

3. Xantam

Xantam Denarii Host

The Shocker, Legit?, Polarity, and its sequel, Transistor, are all excellent Shocker centric fics, featuring Spider-Man as a recurring character.

4. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Okay first one sounds good. Definitely gotta read that one.

As for the second; I had thought at first Shocker was a shitty super villain, but later with the explanation of his history he became much more interesting, so I might as well look at it.(Not much of a fan of reading from other characters' point of views)

Thanks

5. Nefar

Nefar Seventh Year

Can someone who has read more comics than me (read: more than 0) explain what it is about the Shocker that causes people to write such fantastic stories about him?

6. Celestin

Celestin Dimensional Trunk

Nothing. Actually, nobody cared about him enough to write usual crap fics that other supervillains get from time to time. And then this one guy - Max Landis (the writer of one of more interesting movies to premier the next year - Chronicle and a son of John Landis, the guy who directed The Blues Brothers among other things) for some mysterious reason decided to write one. A very good one. And from this moment everyone love Shocker.

Also, as I was writing these last words there was Also sprach Zarathustra playing on my computer. It's oddly fitting and for this reason this is probably the most epic post I've ever written.