1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SPOILERS! Melindaleo got JKR's number alright.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cucio, Jul 21, 2007.

1. cucio

cucio Guest

For those of you that had read Melindaleo's 'The Seventh Horcrux,' the similarities are uncanny, aren't they? Once completed, this fanfic was distributed in eMule as DH (not by the author) and was promptly identified as a fake. Some samples:

- The 7th horcrux is Harry. The gist of the plot is Harry figuring out how to kill himself and Voldie and the same time from the very beginning.
    - The diadem in the room of requirement is a horcrux.
    - There is limbo reckoning with Dumbles.
    - Lupin and Tonks snuff it.
    - Ministry falls.
    - There is the customary sappy x-years-later epilogue and, guess what, James Jr plays a part.

I actually liked better Melindaleo's post-OotP books 6 and 7, but well... Anyway, the point of this post is to say that Melindaleo writes better JKR than JKR.

For those whose positioning against H/G, even a well done one, won't let you enjoy a nice enough tale, just don't bother.

2. DreamWeave

DreamWeave First Year

Amen. I kept thinking similar thoughts the entire time I was reading. Throw in the redeemed!Snape/Draco/Narcissa and I was about ready to burn the book by the time it was over. =[

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yep, when they reached the Room of Requirement searching for the diadem I had a serious deja vu back to Melindaleo's story. It was eerily similar. Though, it's obvious that Melindaleo spent a lot of time on that story, and probably thought about plausible locations for the horcrux's. It isn't too much of a wild shot to think that it might have been in Hogwarts, we all know that Riddle loved Hogwarts when he was there. And what better place than the RoR?

At least this one didn't have Ginny joining the trio.

Oh, and the only person redeemed in this was Snape, and we all saw that coming. The Malfoy's were only in it for themselves which shouldn't be surprising to anyone.

4. BlitzkriegAngel

BlitzkriegAngel Vayash Moru DLP Supporter

The only thing that was surprising about the book was the revelation of Dumbledore's history ... which interestingly proved that all those Manipulative! ForTheGreaterGood! Dumbledore writers were correct.

5. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

It was obvious they were correct, at least logically. What this shows is to what 'degree' they were correct.

6. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

Melindaleo was too close to DH and her fic was complete before the name of seventh book was announced. It kind of spoiled the experience of finding the Horcruxes. Well she would have been the best if she was not an H/G fangirl.