1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

[Spoilers] Worlds 2015 - TRASH TALK ALLOWED

Discussion in 'League of Legends' started by Lungs, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  2. andy50

andy50 Groundskeeper

Group A:
    Counter Logic Gaming
    KOO Tigers
    Flash Wolves
    PAIN Gaming

Group B:
    Fnatic
    Invictus Gaming
    Cloud 9
    ahQ E-Sports Club

Group C:
    SK Telecom T1
    EDG
    H2K
    Bangkok Titans

Group D:
    Team God Mid
    LGD
    KT Rolster
    Origen

You were so close to being right lungs

3. Lungs

High Score:
    Not even Faker could carry Dyrus.

---------- Post automerged at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

For legacy purposes because lolmemes

Group A:
    Counter Logic Gaming (no, really.)
    KOO Tigers (Formerly GE Tigers, formerly HUYA Tigers, formerly Najin Black Sword)
    Flash Wolves (I've never heard of them either)
    PAIN Gaming (with a midlaner who's supposedly better than Faker huehuehue)

Group B:
    Fnatic (Supposedly the West's best hope, so we're donezo boyz)
    Invictus Gaming (ognKakacle ognTSM ognKakacle)
    ahQ E-Sports Club (Westdoor's team)
    Cloud 9-5

Group C:
    SK Telecom T1 (featuring Bengi playing with two hands)
    EDG (coming off of getting smashed at playoffs with star toplaner... AmazingJ?)
    H2K (-_-)
    Bangkok Titans (some relegated NA team)

Group D:
    LGD (Impin' ain't easy; pays 1.3 million USD for star adcs)
    KT Rolster (the worst KT roster in history + Picaboo)
    Origen (actually Fnatic)
    Team Open Mid

4. mangaguy

mangaguy Fifth Year

Group A:
    Counter Logic Gaming
    KOO Tigers
    Flash Wolves
    PAIN Gaming

#faithage I like the Flash Wolves but I don't think they can beat out KOO. And I can't sacrifice my faith. PAIN can play spoiler like Kabum did, but I don't think they can become contenders to get out. Their games in the CBLOL finals were so damn long (40+ minutes each). They improved in the IWCI, but Brazil were the heavy favorites vs. weaker regions-- I don't think they can win against the early games of other regions. KOO is probably the best team in this group, but if I don't have faith, why am I even here?

Group B:
    Invictus Gaming
    ahQ E-Sports Club
    Fnatic
    Cloud 9

I think ahQ is really good. They dominated LMS like Fnatic dominated EU LCS, and I think LMS is stronger top to bottom. They're close enough to have constant soloqueue and scrim exposure with both LCK and LPL, and they're not weighted down by the shitty SEA teams now. In addition, ahQ has had a lot of international experience. They even beat Fnatic during MSI, and I don't think they got any worse. iG tops the group because they are a Chinese team and the meta favors zzitai a ton. Cloud 9 rounds it out because Hai will get destroyed by Kakao/Mountain/Reignover (They might be able to take a game, though. Cheese is cheese.).

Group C:
    EDG
    SK Telecom T1
    H2K
    Bangkok Titans

LPL is better than LCK. EDG beat SKT last time. They're better or equal in every position except top (which is also debatable if Koro shows himself worth starting). The Faker factor isn't enough-- Pawn has shown himself to be up to task of containing Faker (Their career h2h is ridiculous in favor of Pawn). Ryu will continue to die. Bangkok Titans get a nice European vacation.

Group D:
    LGD
    KT Rolster
    Origen
    TSM

FreeSM.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Jon
  5. Lungs

High Score:
    ahq didn't dominate LMS, that narrative is severely flawed imo. Like, Flash Wolves had a better record than they did iirc? And HKE was actually the hottest team going into playoffs and the regional quals but they shit the bed in the finals both times zzzzzzz

6. mangaguy

mangaguy Fifth Year

ahQ had a 25-3 map record in the regular season and literally only lost 1 game to a playoff bound team (HKE). They then 3-0'd HKE when HKE came up through the finals gauntlet (although HKE did lose their ADC).

They dominated that region. Maybe even harder than Fnatic dominated EU LCS, given their finals performances and bo2 format.

Source: http://lol.esportspedia.com/wiki/LMS/2015_Season/Summer_Season

And yeah, I'm really sad Toyz couldn't go to Worlds. They choked both opportunities away. :( I cri everytime.

Edit: Misremembered LMS worlds seeds. HKE had two opportunities to go and got fucked both times, like you said. Thought their auto qualification was more similar to LPL's autoqualification.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
  7. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    So in Group A it's pretty obvious Pain will come first since they have Kami, with Koo second since CLG lost it's superstar Jungler.

Group B is much more interesting, I have a feeling Cloud 9 will lose it's first 2 games and then win the rest and cinch a tiebreaker against Fnatic, upon which Hai will break his wrist and Meteos will come out of the crowd screaming something about Diamond 2 before completely rekting Fnatic and reminding the world why Reignover was called Gameover.

I don't even know the other two teams in group B, so I won't talk about them.

Group C is obviously going to be SKT/EDG and the other two teams just getting fucked.

Unless Ryu gets to play Zed and shits on Faker, but I'm pretty sure SKT is smart enough to just ban it.

Group D is by far the most competitive in terms of skill level, Origen has a great mix of talent/veterans and can def pull off an upset or at least a good showing. LGD has Imp, Godv, Acorn/FUCKING FLAME, and PYL so they are clear favorites imo.

TSM has shown in the past that with it's great Coaching staff and superior prep they can beat top tier teams like CJ Entus and Yoe Flash wolves, a worrying trend for KT Rolster. They better watch out.

8. purple

purple Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

My picks.
    TSM won't win a single game, fight me. Someone should make a Leader Board on lolesports.

9. Swirly Mango

Swirly Mango Seventh Year

Countdown is giving me a 404 error, how many hours till it starts?

10. purple

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Lungs did it wrong. I fixed the link.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Anyone else been reading the top 20 players at Worlds this year that Riot released? It's been pretty fucking absurd so far.

13. purple

It's good for a laugh that's for sure. Also CLG has Xmithie back, that should make them stronger than if they had to use Huhi.

14. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    We are living in an era where it is far more likely for CLG to get out of Groups than TSM.

15. purple

I stand by my statement that TSM won't win a game. Origen is looking far better than they are, and KT and LGD will advance easily. CLG also got the easiest group, by far.

16. xerebz

xerebz Squib

According that TSM documentary thing, they have been doing pretty well in scrims. Also IG (I think) said to watch out for TSM. Though that could just be IG being nice. With this huge time to practice and the new patches, it's hard to accurately predict anything. However, TSM not winning a single game would be hilarious and referenced forever.

On another note, I didn't know westdoor is better than ssumday. Or any of other players on that list already.

17. purple

Don't take the rankings seriously. It's just the Power of Narrative at work. They're a total joke.

18. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Someone on it had their system on and the rest of the team was discussing scrimmifng with tsm in the background they weren't saying flattering things.

19. mangaguy

mangaguy Fifth Year

Xmithie getting his visa has me excited. I consider them to be favorites to win the group. (With my #faith goggles on).

20. apoc

apoc The Once and Ginger King DLP Supporter

Xiph0 has promised to ban me every time I say the P word but I'm not rooting for anyone 'sides mah boy this year.

Notorious [REDACTED] > Faker