1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Stained Scarecrow by knuckz - K+ - Naruto

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by azrael, Oct 19, 2009.

1. azrael

azrael Professor

Title: Stained Scarecrow
    Author: knuckz
    Rating: K
    Pairing: none
    Words: 2,868
    Published: August 19, 2009
    Summary: By the will and command of the Sandaime Hokage, you, Hatake Kakashi, are hereby ordered to assassinate one Uzumaki Kushina. One shot. Manga spoilers.
    Link: Link

An interesting story that takes place from Kakashi's perspective. It takes place right after Naruto beats Pein, and is has a large number of flashbacks. As the summary says, the premise is that Kushina didn't die in childbirth, but was executed by Kakashi under orders from Konoha. The story is basically Kakashi's memories and feelings about it 15 years later, when he sees how much Naruto has grown and his similarities to both parents. IMO it's a very nice character piece, 4/5

Checked: June 10, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  2. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Kakashi and Sarutobi were OOC and otherwise too dark for me. It seems like an impossibility that Sarutobi would order Kakashi to kill the wife of his Sensei like this just to prevent the possibility for her taking Naruto out of the village when all indications are that Kushina doesn't have anywhere else to go. Ordering the killing of the Uchiha Clan with pressures from Danzou and his advisors is alright, because they were planning a coup. But ordering the killing of a woman who just had a child just because she's the mom of their Jinchuuriki and not native is bullshit and something I have a hard time seeing Kakashi go through with.

Now if it was just Danzou and Root involved it would be more realistic (he doesn't seem to like dealing with chances).

Overall I'm calling bullshit on the whole premise of Sarutobi ordering Kakashi to kill Kushina with the only reasons being that there is a chance that she'd take Naruto and leave and that she's not a native.

But the overall writing is well done with hardly any mistakes.

3/5

3. azrael

azrael Professor

Yeah, I realize that it has no chance based on what we've seen in canon, but nevertheless i thought it was a good story.