1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Star Wars Episode VIII

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Red Aviary, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, frankly, that's all that should really matter.

2. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wholeheartedly agree. I'm just saying it is what it is. Lucas incorporated all that crap into prequels and clone wars about how A) dark side was not strictly about evil but also about emotionality and attachment to worldy shit, B) light side was not strictly about good but also about detachment from emotions in order to dispassionately and selflessly pursue order and justice, C) light and dark were two halves of a whole.

Disney certainly seems to be continuing that trend in Rebels, what with the introduction of the bendu, referencing the ashla and the bogan, bringing back the owl thing from the Father/Son/Duaghter forcewielder arc.

I'm not saying it's not bullshit, I'm just saying the balance between light and dark schtick has been around for a good long while.

3. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Yeah, as I recall the usual argument in favor of Grey Jedi is not so much that the Dark Side is as valid as the Light, but that the old Jedi Order's definition of the Light Side and how they trained Jedi to follow it was severely flawed. Namely, that Jedi should not feel emotions, care about other people, or try to interfere with "The Will of the Force."

4. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

'Old Jedi' is a really broad term, you need to specify which era, unless you're talking purely disney canon. Because there was a specific date for a lot of the bullshit Jedi ideas being introduced and implemented.

5. Chengar Qordath

Chengar Qordath The Final Pony Prestige

High Score:
    Right, as I recall it was shortly after/in response to the whole Exar Kun thing.

6. Celestin

Celestin Half-Blood Prince

Star Wars: The Last Jedi Behind The Scenes.

There were some other cool videos presented at D23 ([like Infinity War trailer and the "live"-action Lion King Circle Of Life scene), but only few found themselves on the Internet.

7. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    Not going to lie, I welled up a little when Carrie Fisher started talking at the end.

8. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    "It's a wrap!" -Admiral Ackbar.

I died.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Intrigued by that white wolf thing. If the theories about Ahsoka's fate in rebels are anything to go by, it could be pretty important.

10. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Auror DLP Supporter

Dave Filoni already said that theory is bullshit.

11. KHAAAAAAAN!!

High Score:
    Because no showrunner has ever lied to fans before to keep a secret. Just sayin.