1. The second prompt is revealed! (Q2 2018)

"Breaking into Snape's office in the middle of the night was a risky move at the best of times..."

Deadline is June 18th, also known as the 22nd Anniversary of a seriously sad day—a tremendously black day for anyone.

As with before you can check out the new thread discussing scoring, rules, and other such matters in the in the Story Competitions forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stargate fics. That use alternate opening scenarios.

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by KGB, Feb 17, 2018.

1. KGB

KGB Order Member

Are there any narrative fics that use the earlier/different country/etc. Stargate opening premise?

I've been looking for something in the stargate universe and inevitably stumbled upon Project Arctic Circle, British Stargate and that one fic with space nazis that somehow ended up being a lot less nazi than the USAF. But all of those are pretty much dry, overlong summaries instead of proper fics. And their idea of "balance" is to throw in "oh but it will take x years. Uhhh, isn't this logical and not overpowerd at all". End result being akin to reading the shipping forecast being read out by an especially boring person.

But the idea of a slower paced, more methodical exploration through the stargate sort of struck my fancy.

So are there any actual stories with this premise?

P.S. I already looked through all the fics in the SG section.

2. Tasoli

Tasoli Headmaster

3. pbluekan

pbluekan Professor DLP Supporter

Project Blue Book

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10860506/1/Project-Blue-Book

Pretty much what you asked for. I remember it being decent, and a quick skim is promising, but I read it forever ago, so I can’t give you a good impression. I haven’t even read it since it updated, so I’m going to go back and reread it. Hasn’t updated since last March, though, so I think she’s dead Jim.

Edit: It’s crap.

On a different note, I’ve spent the day writing up the opening posts to a Stargate CK2 quest if you’re interested.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018