1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story/Plot idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by OdinMage, Sep 9, 2009.

1. OdinMage

OdinMage Fourth Year

Not sure if this is the place to be doing this, but since DLP author's are some of the best, and I don't know where else I could post it, here will do... unless a mod get's pissed... that's when bad things happen...

Anyway, the idea won't be liked by some, since I know a lot of DLPer's don't seem to like super! characters, but I do, so *shrugs*.

I've recently gotten hooked on Naruto fanfic, even though I really can't stand the show, and find the manga a bit slow and boring. I'm telling you this because there is likely more info out there, stuff I don't know, regarding what my idea revolves around.

The 'Eight Gates' opening them allows more chakra to flood your body and makes you faster/stronger, the downside is it damages your body. With the kyuubi in him, Naruto heals very quickly. What would happen if Naruto learned how to open the gates? The way I'm seeing things, the story could go a couple ways, both leading, I hope, so a super!Naruto...

The first would be that kyuubi's chakra floods Naruto when the gates open, not just his own, so he would have the same damaging effects as normal people, he would just heal more quickly afterwards. But at the same time, him opening ONE gate would be the same as someone else opening 5 or 6... and either way, with the way kyuubi regenerates him, adapting him to situations, I would think that after every time he opened a gate, he would get closer and closer to that level of power when he DIDN'T have one opened... meaning that the power released when he opened one gate would contniue to rise, since I assume it is a force multiplier, not just an addition.

The second idea could be coupled with the first (ie. kyuubi's chakra being released into Naruto as well) but it is that Naruto's healing abilities are extreme enough that keeping the gate's open wouldn't hurt him, he would be healing at a faster rate than they caused damage... though again here, I would want it to be healing AND adapting so he would continue to gain power, speed, strength, etc. just by keeping the gate(s) open.

In any case, I hope someone picks up this idea... if you do, just let me know.

Thanks!

2. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

First of all. There are tons of fics where Naruto learns how to open the gates. You can find them at ff.net.

Second - you didn't mention any plot. You just made another way to make Super!Naruto. So I wont even bother to read it if you write this fic.

Third - the idea is shitty as hell.

3. se7en

se7en Professor

Yes, yes, and yes.

4. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

Naruto doesn't need any gates, Canon!Naruto is already super, make him angry and you're dead.

5. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    HURRRRRRRRR!!! NARUTO ANGRY!

Lulz. I have a sudden urge to see a hulk!Naruto fic XD.

6. Bikiluf

Bikiluf Seventh Year

LoL, actually that's not a bad idea, a whole new twist to the usual ninja-experimentation-on-kids gone wrong plotbunny.

7. Howdy

Howdy Dark Lord

Meh.

With the introduction of powers like space/time, Sage Mode, and Raiton Aura, the Eight Gates have become a poor man's substitute to make weaker ninja look good.

Not interested in the gates.

8. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The question we have to ask is 'Can the Eight Gates beat the Sharingan?'

Since speed is pretty much the only way to get around the Sharingan's abilities, would someone like Gai or Lee be able to fight Sasuke (I'm leaving Madara out of this since he has other jutsu that negate the benefits increased speed may give) on an even or superior footing? After all, if Itachi could move fast enough to overcome Kakashi's Sharingan without the Gates being opened, could Gai or Lee be fast enough with them open to do it?

9. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

If you're obsessing over power mechanics you should probably just stop yourself from writing anything.

I mean I've had some cool ideas for power ups but that's all they are and they tend to make stories shitty (because that's the whole focus).

It's usually more fun to make Naruto weak and have him triumph over his enemies using skill and deception.

edit: also this is def in the wrong place I think... this should go in ff discussion since this board is for accepted stories from 'for review' lol

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009