1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Story with the premise that the Marauders become a fighting force

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by garion1500, Mar 23, 2010.

1. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

Reading the most recent posting of Odd Ideas and having previously read Dark Marauder, I wondered whether anyone had written a fic which has the Marauders become more serious minded, Peter less cowardly, and in time, become a capable auror team or something to that effect. I did not find anything obvious in the library so here I am.

It occurred to me that Peter could easily become excellent at infiltration and given the fact that all of them could become excellent duelers if they put their mind to it, they could become a formidable force given their creativity and courage. The 'R' series is the only series of fics I could think of off hand that might exemplify this idea but of course, we will not touch on that.

2. justbrowsing

justbrowsing Seventh Year

3. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Blot wrote an "Odd Ideas" story with this premise.

4. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Actually: The R-Series is written by "Regulus", starting with "The Philosophers Stone - Retransmuted". Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/71268/Regulus

It's a rewrite of the books with Harry/Tonks. I wasn't able to read more than a few chapters of book one, but that's literally ages ago. Did it really have Peter as a "good" Marauder?

"Justbrowsing" referred to "The Unbroken Universe" - a series with the four Marauders alive during Harry's school years. Thus it focusses on the four even more (I think) than on Harry and friends. It's definitely well written but wasn't able to capture my attention.
    Library Thread: http://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=6901

5. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

If the unbroken universe is what I think it is then,
    there's a pretty kickass duel between Sirius and Voldemort in Azkaban.

6. Sirius Issues

Sirius Issues First Year

There was a one shot I think. Dark Marauder, it is in the library somewhere. James goes a bit doolaly and starts killing death eaters.

Edit: Never mind just read the op. Oops.

7. garion1500

garion1500 Third Year

Sorry about the confusion there, I referenced the wrong series. I was thinking of the 'Promises' series but mixed it up with 'R'. Terrible of me. As I said, having read Promises and the recent Odd Idea's posting as well as Dark Marauders, I didn't know if anyone had wrote anything in a similar vein. You have the potential for a good fighting force with at least two excellent duelers (Sirius and James, maybe Remus) a strategist (Remus mainly, though the others would build on his plans with their creativity) a possible healer (the idea of what Lily becomes in the recent Odd Idea's post) and the infiltrator Peter.