1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Supernatural fics

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by IdSayWhyNot, Aug 10, 2010.

1. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Been looking for Supernatural fics around ff.net and the library/bin/for review, but what I did find was all mostly crap. A few guilty pleasures perhaps. Not more than that, however.

So instead of asking for a specific fic, I'm asking for your favorites within this genre. Only preferences are:

- Dean and Sam as the protagonists. No shit about their father, ghost angst and some three-titted demon.

- Crossovers are fine, so long as the universes have some similarities. (I hate Buffy. That's about the only one excluded.)

I suppose anything that's well-written would be fine. There''re just very few options within this genre, as far as I've seen, and I'm tired of reading how badass Dean is, and how Sam is the most powerful wizard in the world (<- not kidding)

Any recs -- seriously, any at all -- would be appreciated.

Thank you,

- Nick

2. NataliaGAG

NataliaGAG Fourth Year

Long time since I posted anything here... But today I was taking a peek in my favorites and decided to see how the forum was.

This one is a guilty pleasure as well: Sun Was Brilliant by treeson - it's a crossover (Hermione/Dean), with a strong Hermione character (a favorite of mine). It's the second of a series (but the first one is a crossover HP/True Blood).
    I cannot comment on the grammar of the text because I do not really know English grammar... But I think it's decent.

3. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Supernatural is not Harry Potter. Moved to appropriate section.

4. IdSayWhyNot

IdSayWhyNot Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Sorry, Vash. I didn't see the HARRY POTTER tag where I posted it. I just assumed it was for fics in general. Only now I remembered there's a "Other fandoms" sub-forum. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make that clearer. Or perhaps I'm the only one who got confused...

@Natalia: thanks for your suggestion. I'll check it out later.

Anyone else has any Supernatural fics to rec? Perhaps you've got a HP/Supernatural fics hidden away somewhere?

5. cheshirepirate

cheshirepirate Squib

Title: Job
    Author: Catslynw
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5973225/1/
    Rating: T
    Summary: AU end to Swan Song, meant to be darker. Dean never makes it to Lisa's house. Sam is gone and things have nowhere to go but down. Features Chuck and Crowley.

This is an alternate ending for season 5. Admittedly it does completely disregard the fact that there will be season 6 but it is still an interesting take on Dean after the apocalypse.

EDIT: Just found this one now. It says Dean/Castiel but it's 15 chapters in and nothing slashy has happened. Basically, Dean puts War's ring on and things snowball from there. He doesn't get all badass but it does even the playing field.

http://alchemyalice.livejournal.com/8217.html

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010