1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

SURVIVOR: Graveyard - For Whom The Bell Tolls [Tribal Council]

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Lexicat, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

[​IMG]

Welcome girls and ghouls, to the third iteration of our Survivor series. As you might be able to tell our gracious Host, Jeff "Zeitgeist" Probst, is absent! Let's just say you won't be seeing him for a while. He made a deal with me a long time ago, to make him a famous internet gameshow host, and now I've come to collect my due. Normally, I'd just take his soul and be done with it, but he proposed a much sweeter deal! "Why don't you host the next game?" he said~. "Then you can reap the souls of all the losers!"

Oops, did I say that out loud? Oh well, it's not like you didn't know I was evil already.

Who am I, you ask? My name is is Lilith, though sometimes people call me Lexi. Either way, all you need to know for now is that this will be the most high stakes game of social deception you've ever seen. Where the winner's prize is freedom, and the losers get to see just how creative I can get with their last moments~.

So tell me fleshlings, are you brave enough to take me on?
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Overview:
    SURVIVOR: Graveyard will be the third season of Survivor: DLP, which is a variant of the more famous television show 'Survivor' (Synopsis on television show is played: "Survivor"). Although it is usually played on reality game show in which contestants are isolated in the wilderness and made to compete for cash, it can be, with some adaptations, played in real life, in an ORG (Online Reality Game), and even on a forum. It is played between 15 to 20 contestants, who are ordinary people marooned on an island or exotic location. The show uses a system of progressive elimination, allowing the contestants to vote off other players until only one final contestant remains and wins the title of “Sole Survivor”.

In this game, 15 contestants, the Sacrifices, are lost in Time and Space, travelling through the ether into different realms and canons. They will be split into 3 Tribes named after some of the most terrifying monsters in myth and film: The Gorgons Tribe, the Garou Tribe and the Vampires Tribe. Reflecting the fact that the 3 Houses are assigned separate camps at which the castaways must survive the elements and not be killed, all 3 will be each given a communal, Tribe QT which castaways can use to privately talk to only those in the same House.

In the first half of the game, castaways face off in Challenges as Tribes, most importantly for Immunity, which prevents the winning Tribe from having to go to the next Tribal Council. The losing Tribe which does go to Tribal Council discuss the preceding events, with the host asking questions, and then must vote out one of their own players, eliminating him/her from the game.

In the second half of the game, the three Tribes are merged into a single Tribe. This event is called the "Merge". Post-Merge, Challenges are played at an individual level for individual rewards and immunity. At subsequent Tribal Councils, those eliminated start to form the Jury of the Damned, who sit in on all subsequent Tribal Councils but otherwise do not usually participate. When only three castaways remain, those castaways attend a final Tribal Council, where the Jury (consisting of the final seven contestants to have been eliminated) is given the opportunity to ask the finalists some questions. After this, the Jury members then vote to decide which of the remaining castaways should be declared "Sole Survivor".

Day and Night Phases:
    DAY: The game will begin during day. During day phases, players compete in Challenges (both pre and post Merge), which range from menial Plate Smashing and more creative Ficlet Writing, to Create A Buff (testing drawing and photoshopping skills), Identify the Picture, and Trivia. These Challenges are designed to test teamwork abilities and often may involve more than one skillset, prompting Tribes to form strategy. During this time, everybody is allowed and encouraged to use the thread to communicate and discuss, and communal conversations via Tribe QTs are also permitted. At the end of the Day, a victor of the Challenge will be determined, and the losing parties will proceed to attend Tribal Council.

Night: At Night, Tribal Council occurs. Only those attending Tribal Council will be allowed to post in the thread. The host might take this opportunity to ask the attendees regarding camp life and any internal strife observed. Castaways in precarious situations may take this chance to reveal information or bargain with others to keep themselves in the game.

BIG CHANGE FROM PREVIOUS GAME: I'm a fan of minimalist moderation, and as such, I will be doing everything in my power to eliminate times when private 1 on 1 communications are limited. As such, the only time these will be limited is the time when Tribal Council is announced and in session. In addition, chat clients are ALLOWED with the stipulation that any chat logs must be posted into the 1 on 1 QTs that you have with that player, and if you chat with multiple people at once, those logs must also be placed into an alliance chat.

It should be noted that post-Merge, everybody (unless specified otherwise) must attend Tribal Council. However, the winner of an individual Challenge will possess Individual Immunity and thus will have all votes against them nullified. At the end of Night, attendees from Tribal Council must submit a vote (via their private, individual QTs, given to them for this purpose) to determine the castaway to be eliminated. Neither abstentions nor voting for oneself are permitted. Votes may be submitted in advance, if the player will not be online at Night's end, but it should be noted that votes cannot be rescinded. The castaway with the plurality vote will then be eliminated.

Ties may occur, resulting in a revote. Attendees must re-vote (except the two or more contestants in question that are tied for elimination) with the option to vote for the other person. If the revote is deadlocked, votes from previous Tribal Councils will be counted. Whoever had more votes would be eliminated. If the vote is still deadlocked, the feared Purple Rock Tiebreaker will be employed, in which all players (except those with Immunity) will draw a rock from a hessian bag. The one who draws the purple rock (a random event) will then be eliminated.

JURY:

Playing styles recommended for participants are based off archetypes from the show (source: archetypes). Players are advised to think strategically and utilise these archetypes, so that this game doesn't solely become a popularity contest.

SURVIVOR: Graveyard, unlike mafia, only has one winner: “The Sole Survivor”. For this reason, scheming and strategy are considered paramount. Indeed, your objective is to outlast long enough to make the endgame and having a JURY which likes you and/or does not like the other finalists. You must to not only find a means to make the endgame, but also consider which seven players would be likely to award you as the Jury and who would be a finalist whom the Jury wouldn't reward. Roles will help you reach your goals, but please remember that the makeup of the Jury DOES matter.

IMMUNITY:

Other than winning at Challenges, players may also attain Immunity through obtaining Hidden Immunity Idols. When a Tribe wins a Challenge, all its Tribemates will be given a clue to a Hidden Immunity Idol, if one is currently available. Clues will frequently take the form of riddles or puzzles; solving these will give its solver an Idol. There are two Idols to be obtained in SURVIVOR: DLP, and it's a "first-come-first-serve" basis.
    Hidden Immunity Idols have the power to negate votes that the user would receive at Tribal Council. Idols can only be played at the end of Dusk, after the votes have been cast, but before the host reveals the results of the vote. An Hour Window will exist between these two events in order to give people a chance to use Hidden Immunity Idols. If a player chooses to use an Idol, by posting either in the thread or in their personal QT "Using HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL", all votes against the user will be negated and the castaway with the next most votes will be instead eliminated.

Players may attempt to fake or pretend having an Idol, but the Host will only confirm the veracity of such claims during the Hour Window. Furthermore, Idols cannot be used when less than six players remain.

Holders may also give their Idol to another player by posting "Giving HIDDEN IMMUNITY IDOL to [PLAYER NAME]" in their private QT. Idols can be given at any time, but be aware that Idols can only be used during the Hour Window.

THEMES:

Survivor: Graveyard will be unique in several ways, but one of these will be the "theme" aspect. What this means is that every round will be themed after something, whether it be the works of an author, a certain myth, a true but terrifying tale or a scary movie. The challenge and the resulting elimination flavor will be related to this theme.
    ------------------------------------------------------

I'm looking for 15 players to play my little game~. This is currently an interest/sign up thread, as I will need time to prepare everything. I cannot promise that everything in this game will run without a hitch, but I can promise to make the game as entertaining and creepy as possible for you fleshlings~.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    THE LUCKYLEE SHALL BE PARTICIPATING IN THIS ONE.

3. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I suppose I can squeeze some time out of my hectic schedule to participate, if needs be ;)

4. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Didn't you get an invite to the allstars?

---------- Post automerged at 07:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

You didn't, as it happens.

Well, make sure to win this. I want to crush you myself.

5. H_A_Greene

H_A_Greene Unspeakable –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Y'know Republic. I'm sensing some sort of lingering malice from the last game. Bottling these things in isn't healthy, really.

6. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Win so I can unbottle them, then.

7. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

/obs

While I like the idea of forum Survivor conceptually and like watching it, my schedule prohibits me from playing in one. :p

8. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I'd want to play, to redeem my pisspoor showing, but it'd honestly depend on when it's happening; I've midterms this week, and school is a 6.5 hr commitment (HS, yessum).

9. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Hnnngh. Cracked, I need you~ Seriously though, play. It will be great or something.

10. Lexicat

Lexicat Second Year

Will not be this week, I can guarantee you this.

11. Poytin

Poytin The Arby's Hipster DLP Supporter

Sure. Let's go ahead and participate in this one. No random number generator this time. I promise.

12. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Omfg. I can either be a sparkly vampire or a transvestite witch? I might have to sit this one out >.>

13. Vesvius

Vesvius High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Obs please.

14. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I want to participate in this too. xD

15. Lyrium

Lyrium Sent Back to India

I like the creepy graveyard set up.

Edit: I'm in.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  16. CrackedMind

CrackedMind Minister of Magic

I'll participate, then. Let's see if I can get up to merge.

17. Caligula

Caligula First Year

I'll be signing up. Lyrium, join us!

18. Republic

High Score:
    4495+2362
    I'll take obs, thank you.

19. 1and1is3

1and1is3 First Year

Hi people. obs.

20. TMNTurtwig