1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Swolf's challenges #1

Discussion in 'Challenges' started by SWOLF, Jun 21, 2012.

1. SWOLF

SWOLF Squib

Swolf's challenges #1

Due to a magical accident caused by the mixing of two powerful magical substances in Harry's blood at the end of second year, Harry looses consciousness at the Dursley's. After losing consciousness Harry is some how transported to a set of magical ruins located deep in one of the forest of Europe.

Rules:
    1. Make the blood important in such a way that it is useful.
    2. Harry can not do conventional wand magic for the same reason that he cannot summon aid from the Wizarding World.
    3. Harry cannot return the way he came.
    4. End before June of third year.
    ==================================================
    Make DLP proud.
    Post a link for us once you start.
    Good luck and may the force be with you

2. Bill Door

Bill Door The Chosen One DLP Supporter

So you basically want someone to write Forests of Valbonë? Cause... that's kinda been done.

3. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hahah, you're in luck, OP. Now you have 21+ chapters of a story written by enembee to read, if you haven't already. It's not exactly what you wanted, but it's by an author far superior to any that would have taken up the challenge. Probably.

4. SWOLF

SWOLF Squib

I will admit to enembee being a large part of the inspiration for this challenge, but I would like this fic done where Harry descoveres the magic for himself rather than have it fed to him by a talking hat. I would also like the magic to be less potions oriented than it is in FOV. I left the rules open so as not to limit creativity, but I assumed that people would relies that I did not want a copy of FOV but rather a similar yet not identical story. Seems I thought to highly of DLP.

5. Iztiak

6. enembee

enembee The Nicromancer DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read this challenge and was immensely confused.

Though everyone else's comments made me feel guilty enough to update.

7. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Dog, we're not going to rehash another successful fanfic for you just to make it slightly different. If you're expecting everyone to bite, you're going to have to do a lot more persuading than 'seems I thought too highly of DLP'.

Plus, to me, the premise laid down sounds retarded. enembee is brilliant, but if he wasn't such an epic writer, half of his stories would be far-fetched stretching on criminally insane.

And I mean that in the best way, NMB. You're my dude.

8. SWOLF

SWOLF Squib

Thanks for pointing out my stupidity while simultaneously misinterpreting my comment about over estimating DLP.
    @enembee I apologize and thank you.
    If an admin could lock this I would be thankful

9. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Backpedal faster, you pretentious douchebag.

10. Portus

Portus Heir

I sadly feel the need to point out that - once again - we have a thread started by someone from Alabama with not only a stupidly too-specific set of guidelines, but made far worse by the atrocious grammar and spelling.

Adding to the pain is the "#1" in the thread title, implying we can expect more of these not-so-groundbreaking challenges from the OP

11. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

Alabama. Heh.

So, first cousin marriage child, you think?

12. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Roll Tide.

13. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I never understood the 'Roll Tide' chant.

I know that it's the Uni of Alabama's sports cheer, and I know their teams/fans are often referred to as 'The Crimson Tide', but where the fuck does the 'Roll' come from?

Is it a period allegory or something? Like... a girl 'surfing the crimson tide' is going to need lots of toilet-paper rolls?

14. Ceebee

Ceebee High Inquisitor

Challenge forum needs to be closed.

Challenges are basically some lazy asshole going:

"Dear Random Author, I would sincerely like it if you devoted a lot of time and effort into write a story so I may enjoy it. Please remember to include these random cliches that I enjoy such as a DUMBLEDORE who is so EVIL it needs to be in capital letters. Also Ron and Ginny bashing is a must. And Harry needs to have a harem with at LEAST 3 girls."

Challenges are retarded and the majority of threads end up in flaming and trolling by DLP members against the (generally) <100 post count randoms who seem to want what sound like terrible stories.

Posting a challenge is asking to get trolled and/or ignored. IMO The subforum isn't really needed, collapse the TGYH into FF Discussion General and let the section die.

15. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Prisoner

But wouldn't the retards start posting there? At least in here, we can ignore this little corner, and hide it from the outside world.

You know - like how the offspring of first-cousin marriages are, with their six toes, three eyes, and monkey-like tails.

16. SWOLF

SWOLF Squib

I may be from Alabama, a more often than proud of it, idiot, and incapable of linking scenes together at all, but I at least refuse to stoop so low as to insult some one based on where they grew up, or on there parentage if I know nothing about said parentage. Oh well ban me if you must.

17. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Well, he's done the Backpedal of Abandoned Dignity, but he's not quite at the level of the usual idiots we get posting challenges in here. There may be hope for this one, once he grows up a bit.

18. Iztiak

I don't know, I do not believe you've done anything worthy of being banned. Of course I'm not a mod, so I wouldn't really know... But I haven't seen many people banned for saying something snide and being a bit embarrassed as a result. Personally, I've made my share of dumb comments(as has everyone), it would be hypocritical of me to hold it against you.

I'll comment on dumb things I see people say, but there's no hard feelings on my part.

Trust me, having a high post count here is not a result of never saying anything stupid. It might be a result of being able to admit when you make a mistake and not turn it into a big deal. I cannot speak for everyone, just myself, but those are my thoughts on the subject.

19. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You would make a better impression if you observed a few of the Laws of Grammar. I've added a few suggestions to make your nonsense read like complete thoughts.

But no, you likely won't be banned. Douchebaggery is frowned upon, but not against the rules. I'd recommend taking a step back, reading your idea again, admitting to yourself (or publicly if you prefer) that its moronic in the extreme when done by anyone with extreme talent (NMB/Nonjon/et. al), and moving on.

But I doubt you'll ever read this, since I find it hard to believe you will return.