1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Symphony For Quartet by Tinn Tam - K+

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by Dark Lord Rostam, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Title: Symphony For Quartet
    Author: Tinn Tam
    Rating: K+
    Genre: General
    DLP Category: General
    Pairing: None as of yet.
    Chapters: 13
    Words: 80,165
    Updated: August 8, 2007
    Published: February 9, 2006

Summary: [Best Marauders Era Story on Mugglenet] There are some things you can't share without ending up liking each other. Messrs Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot and Prongs, are proud to present the Marauders' tale.

Link

This has to be the best Marauders fic. Ever. I do not know why this isn't here. Amazing characterization. The first year, and the second year are done perfectly. They act like the kids they are, and it isn't too dark yet.

A must-read for any Marauders fan.

Checked by Minion, Nov. 23, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2012
  2. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Why...why do people insist on re-writing the same godawful story with terrible one-liners and predictable plot, with no real unexpected character development whatsoever?

I'm sorry, but I've never been able to point out what makes one MWPP story from another, whether or not there's an inclusion of Lily as a main or supporting character.

Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong.

3. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Rostam, as much as I appreciate the gesture, I don't believe this story belongs in DLP. It's a Marauder Era, for crying out loud. A cheery little story about kids very few on this site care about.

What's more, the summary says a lot: it has won an award on Mugglenet, something that must be considered as a crime against the Crown around these parts (although my DLP stories had some success over there as well).

DarkSov: I'm confused, have you read the story or are you just talking about MWPP stories in general?

If you've actually read the fic, please take into account that it was the very first time I'd ever written something in English—the earlier chapters are bound to have mistakes in them, and my writing style isn't as solid as it is now. As for the interest of writing a MWPP fiction, I'd say that's mainly character development. One of my favourite hobbies.

Anyway... As I've said, I personally don't see this fiction anywhere in DLP.

Thanks all the same, Rostam. But a review would have been just as much appreciated :).

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  4. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Yeah, sorry, i was feeling ambivelent in general yesterday--i'm afraid i gave a number of reviews/comments to things that i'll probably end up regretting to some degree all day today. But i meant what i said about the MWPP thing.

And, well, I did skim yours....

5. Dark Lord Rostam

Dark Lord Rostam Button La Famiglia Midknight

In that thing you call a closet. Better watch out,
    Tinn: You never know. Marauders Era might be appreciated, and it is a good fic, regardless. Sorry if you don't see it that way, but it is good.

6. Tinn Tam

Thank you ^^. I do think it's not bad... for a Marauders Era. I've read only one other MWPP fic that actually takes the time to give some character development. But then again, seeing Symphony next to stories like Chimera or even Song of the Trees (to pick one that would be in the same category) just feels... off.

Now, since it's been rated 4 stars until now... I'm not violently objecting to the story being moved into the library, if the members like it enough, fine (more than fine, actually!). But that's not the kind of story I'd personally expect to see here.

I guess a few more opinions would help on the matter...

...anyone?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2007
  7. KenderCleric

KenderCleric Lord of Plot Bunnies

Decent, but MWPP has never been big in my books.

3/5

8. japanese_jew

japanese_jew High Inquisitor

Very good for MWPP, although that's not saying much, I did enjoy reading it. I can see James remembering his promise to Peter when he makes his decision, and I can see why Peter and James are friends, unlike most other MWPP. Good character development. I wonder what's happening to Lily. At least 4/5.

9. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

It is actually pretty good and for that reason deserves to be in the DLP library. Plus it's the only MWPP e enjoyed reading.

Good job, Tin! 5/5

10. Tinn Tam

11. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I have yet to read a story of Tin's that I dislike. Excellent story, It was a pleasure to read. 5/5