1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Tales From The Blue Sea by Tarhish - Naruto/One Piece

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by D.H., Nov 26, 2016.

1. D.H.

D.H. Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Title: Tales From The Blue Sea
    Author: Tarhish
    Genre: Action/Adventure
    Fandom: Naruto/One Piece crossover
    Pairings: Minor Naruto/Hinata
    Link: Chapter One, fanfiction.net

Author summary: Nearly nine hundred years after the end of the Void Century, Gold Roger discovers the Elemental Kingdoms. In his search for the True History he encounters a very ancient Uchiha Madara and a very young Uchiha Itachi, changing the fate of the Uchiha Clan forever. Now, Madara's only remaining servant, Tobi, must make the best of his imperfect understanding of his master's plan as he begins preparations to take the entire world by storm.

Eventually, as fate would have it, Itachi holds the future of the Uchiha in his hands, and his youthful dreams of the ocean lead him to made a very different choice than he might otherwise have made. As a result, Sasuke and Naruto grow up with a different life.

Years later, strange ships start arriving at the fishing ports east of Konoha, and Naruto and Sasuke are sent to investigate.

My Summary: So, while this is not the best thing since sliced bread, it is the only Naruto crossover I have read without cringing. I'm not a fan of crossovers in general, but this fusion was done well enough, and it isn't immersion breaking. There is no bashing, explicit or implicit, which is quite rare in crossovers.

The story switches between perspectives a fair amount. Luffy and Naruto get a good amount of screen time, but Sasuke and Tobi are the most interesting characters (Sasuke is the main character, although the author doesn't explicitly say that).

Parts 1 and 3 have a good pace, but part 2 drags a bit. It follows canon One Piece a bit too close. Overall, it's a good time waster. 4/5.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2021
  2. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

You got their name wrong, but I enjoy this story. It has very few readers and comments but the author keeps trucking.

The best part about this story is that it's actually planned out in advance and is nearing completion.

3. D.H.

D.H. Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I did. My bad. Could a mod fix the thread title? I don't think I can.

4. Gene

Gene Third Year

This is one of few Naruto crossovers that don't make me want to claw my eyes out, and in fact really enjoy reading.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Fix'd. /10char

6. gamarad

gamarad Fourth Year

Update. This is the only good One Piece fic I've ever read and the Naruto elements are also well done. I'm very happy to see it continue.

7. Garden

Garden Supreme Mugwump

A 3.5-->4/5 for me. The plot and worldbuilding are pretty good, and the writing is decent. However, it still occasionally indulges in the most annoying Anime conventions-- eyeballs falling out as a gimmick, people comically unaware of other's feelings, etc. I also think the antagonist is a boring character, tbh, with annoying conversation gimmicks.

So overall, a good story with some flaws.

Definitely does a good job integrating Naruto mythology with One Piece, from the little I know of the latter.