1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fanfiction?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by kracken, Feb 11, 2017.

1. kracken

kracken Squib

High Score:
    Can you guys recommend good Teen Titans fanfics? I just rewatched the series.
    I recently finished Measure of a Titan and I thought it was pretty good.

2. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

This trilogy is the best in the fandom by far IMO.

3. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

I decided to look at this and was then immediately put off by the fact Robin is Tim Drake. Just....no. No one can call themselves a Teen Titans Fan and not know the Robin from the animated show was Dick Grayson.

4. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

I know nothing about Teen Titans/DC besides maybe watching a few episodes years ago so it doesn't bother me at all. Give the story a chance.

5. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My FFN profile has a few in the Favorites section that I used to read way back. I enjoyed them as a teenager, but many/most probably wouldn't pass muster today. That's all I've got though.

6. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

No. This irks me waaaaay too much. It literally boggles my mind at how any fan of the show can miss that. And looking at how some of the later chapters have 'Red Robin' in the chapter title, I'm beginning to think they outright forgot about Nightwing. Or are purposefully deciding to go with Tim Drake over Dick Grayson for some godawful reason.

7. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

The new movies use Damian Wayne and put him on a date with Raven. So, not the worst that could happen in a continuity.

8. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

Yes. It's mentioned in the sequel that he considers Tim Drake the superior Robin.

9. NTD

NTD High Inquisitor

It's mentioned in like the second or third chapter where he writes a little explaining his choice of Robin.

10. Red Aviary

High Score:
    A lot of authors went with Tim as Robin because they tied Teen Titans in with the DCAU, where Tim was the second Robin, and because he wielded a staff, which Dick never did.

11. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

The Robin from the show is a composite of the first three Robin's, but he explicitly has Dick Grayson's Name and Background. If you want to include the rest of the DCU, it's better to just wing it, expanding upon from the base of show and going from there.

12. Red Aviary

High Score:
    My memory might be foggy at this point, but I think certain stories were already in progress by the time the hints to Robin's identity were aired.

But I don't know what the reasons were for the authors, and frankly I don't care, because I didn't think the stories really suffered for it. If it's that big a deal for you then just find something else or write your own.

13. bane

bane Squib

High Score:
    In all honesty a casual viewer would not have realized the differences in names. If the story is good and logical I see no reason not to give it an attempt.

14. Blank402

Blank402 Second Year

rightfully so

15. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Tim Drake is only superior in that he'll always be the second fiddle :V

Dick Grayson > Tim Drake. Only one of them is literally called the linchpin of the DCU for a reason.

---------- Post automerged at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:17 PM ----------

Not really. It's set after a Season 2 episode, meaning that at the very least the ep where Starfire goes to the Future (And meets Nightwing) was a thing. It was Episode 1 of Season 2.

16. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Wasn't the Robin in the show much closer to Tim Drake personality wise?

17. Probellum

Probellum Death Eater

Nope. He was a composite of all three, and had personality traits taken from all of them in addition to skills. Alot of his snark and such is actually something most Robin's have had, but was mainly present in Dick and Tim. Jason's Snark was more Cynical. A lot of times when he'd get a bit overbearing or strict from being angry and broody are from all three as well, but again, mainly present in Dick...and Jason. Jason had a bit of a short temper, as did the Robin in Teen Titans.

So yes, Tim Drake is present personality wise, but only as much as the other two. It really kind of depends on how you see the character, I guess. But where everything else says Robin is Dick Grayson, I'd call this Robin Dick Fucking Grayson.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017