1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The Best In Us All by Minion of Set - T - Avatar: The Last Airbender

Discussion in 'Anime, Cartoons, and Comics' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Title: The Best In Us All
    Author: Minion of Set
    Rating: T
    Genre: Friendship/Romance
    Fandom: Avatar: The Last Airbender
    Pairings: Future Aang/Azula
    Summary: Aang believed the best of those who would kill him. Because they needed it most.

Link: FFN

7 chapters, 17k words. For about two weeks, it updated every other day until randomly, it stopped. Don't know if it has been abandoned yet - it's been over half a year now - but for now, I'll leave it as WIP.

Decent start to a story. Begins during the time where Azula had only just begun to chase Aang and his friends. Some decent fighting in the little we have. We get to see a different side to Aang and Airbending as a whole, as well as some decent POV from Azula.

Thought I'd share, even if it never updates again. I enjoyed what's here.

Edit: If this is posted elsewhere, let me know. I have a feeling I've seen a thread for this before but when I search, it comes up with nothing.

Edited 05/05/2017.

2. ronin11

ronin11 First Year

Well, not really sure what to think of it.

The author has some good ideas. I, for one, would like to read the story about Aang who has to get his hands dirty to win the war, and Aang/Azula is always a nice bonus, but there just isn't enough material to make the final opinion.

First few chapters feel too much like canon retelling, nothing new to see there. The rest was more interesting, characterization is decent, but the story itself hasn't really progressed much.

It could be great, but no rating from me 'till it actually gets somewhere.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Fucking hell Syao I was literally reading this yesterday. 4/5 so far, but kind of early.

Will start posting more Aang/Azula for review soon, as soon I exhaust the supply.