1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Big Bang Theory

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by Midknight, Dec 7, 2009.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Just started this while it's been a rainy two weeks here.

Amazing show. I'm surprised with all the nerds/geeks/etc we have here this show doesn't have a huge thread.

Sheldon got on my nerves big time at first, then he grew on me, and is the best part of the show. So many injokes, like the Roseanne cast members are very lulz worthy.

2. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

*knockknockknock* Penny! *knockknockknock* Penny! *knockknockknock* Penny!

Also, amazing show. I pretty much laugh non-stop through every episode.

3. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah it's a pretty awesome show. The first season was good, but it's definitely gotten much better this season. The episode with Penny breaking her arm was awesome, especially with Sheldon doing his OCD knock on three different doors. XD

The writers definitely have been paying more attention to Sheldon, now he's not just the show's jackass.

4. Lyndon Eye

Lyndon Eye Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

The first couple of episodes were amusing, in the satirically funny sense, but after awhile, it becomes tedious.

The lack of realism makes it really hard to identify with anything in the show. It's fun for a few laughs, but not really gripping as a series.

5. Argosh

Argosh Groundskeeper

Reminds me of another, older comedy series, "That 70s Show". Still funny enough though.

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Sheldon is awesome, best character in the show by far. His admiral Ackbar impression almost had me in tears.....

Its A Trap!

7. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I do this constantly now, lol. And Sheldon really took off, now that the guy's getting awards for it, they should be doing funnier stuff with him. I do feel like an idiot when I have to explain some of the jokes to my wife, lol.

It'll be around another 2 seasons at least though, plenty of time for her to catch up

8. Krull

Krull Denarii Host

It's a good show, but the loughtrack is fucking horrible.

9. mknote

mknote 1/3 of the Note Bros. DLP Supporter

This is probably my favorite comedy ever. Knowing physics makes the jokes that much funnier. But the best part, to me, is the nerd-isms. One of my favorites was the episode this season with Wil Wheaton (aka Wesley Crusher). The best parts of that were: bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay' (revenge is a dish best served cold), and the Wrath of Kahn bit at the end. "WHEATOOOOON!" I literally fell to the ground laughing at that last one.

I love this show.

10. Sol

Sol High Inquisitor

Watched part of an episode sometime last year. The jokes and dialogue were canned and not witty. The pause for laughter (which they magnanimously provide so you know when to chuckle) after every freaking single one liner was so annoying I wanted to chuck something at the screen. Same old jokes with big words =/= funny.

11. Invader.Azula

Invader.Azula Seventh Year

I just started watching this show and I love it. Sheldon is so awesome. This show and How I Met Your Mother are the only two things that I watch on CBS.

12. Jenkins

Jenkins Forum Bike DLP Supporter

/me starts the anti-bandwagon.

The only redeemable thing in this show is Sheldon. Maybe I'm just sick of the overly nerdy stereotype but I just think it's boring. All the characters are exactly the same as every other nerd in comedy television. The guy who plays Sheldon take awkwardness to the next level though, and I'll admit his fucking funny. No one else is though.

13. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I like it, but I agree that it would fall apart without Sheldon.

14. Oneiros

Oneiros Groundskeeper

Sheldon is the only reason this show is so successful. I'm not too concerned with the overly nerdy stereotype because well I know several people who are very much like that stereotype though I have to say I've never met anyone who comes close to Sheldon's level of awesomeness...I wish I knew someone that cool though.

15. Sagita

Sagita Fourth Year

I love the show, but like many it is only because of Sheldon and, for me, Penny. When they are together they are awesome. I just can't wait for Leonard and Howard to die in a physics accident so that we can see more of the interaction between Sheldon and Penny.

Raj is cool, I love it when he can't speak but him getting drunk to talk to a girl is getting kind of lame.

16. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

And the anti-bandwagon joined right in.

Bazinga.

17. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter

You do know Glernaj, right? :awesome
    Indeed. I don't know whether it's that they genuinely don't like it and are just afraid of going against everyone else's (so far) opinions and wait for someone to pluck up the courage. Or (and I think this is more likely) the anti-bandwagon-bandwagon is just cooler.

18. The Fine Balance

The Fine Balance Headmaster

Every since the start of the show I've had this pet theory that Sheldon will get together with Penny (in some sense at least).

Their social incompatibility seems at times far too constructed (unlike for, say, arrested Development), and the lack of parallels in the opposite sex is rather irritating (although, of course, expected), and while it does manage to get an awesome episode in every once in a while, on the whole the show is merely nice. Good for a couple of laughs. (The IT Crowd does me for.)

"Yo, Raj, talk to me." Imperative. And awesome.

19. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I really don't see Sheldon ever getting with anyone. He could never bring himself to swap fluids, and he just doesn't care enough about others, Penny included.

20. Link

Link Order Member DLP Supporter

Well, there's potential with Leonard's mother. They were nearly in a state which looked similar to what we call "in love"... :cool: