1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Blackest Potter by whatareyouevensaying - R

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by The-Hyphenated-One, Jun 10, 2007.

1. The-Hyphenated-One

The-Hyphenated-One Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Title: The Blackest Potter
    Author: whatareyouevensaying
    Rating: R
    Genre: Action/Adventure, Drama, Romance
    DLP Category: Alternates
    Pairing: Harry/Lavender

Summary: AU: Harry is taken and raised by Bellatrix Lestrange, who no longer worships the ground Voldemort walks on. Most of the story takes place in Harry's fifth year. Harry/Lavender

Link: http://ficwad.com/viewstory.php?sid=64205

It's still early, only three chapters so far, but it starts off decently.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

Meh. These lines kind of screwed it.

It seemed logical in her mind for her to take the child and raise him as her own. His power would be enough to rule the wizarding world, like her master's was, but she would steer him right. She would raise him to be noble and good, but still ruthless when necessary. She would raise the perfect leader, and have a place at his side as his closest advisor.

Also since my Firefox spellchecker spotted an error there less than impressive. Meh, the whole story is less than impressive. I started to skim over it once they got to the second chapter, but when I started to look again I saw no reason not to read in detail so I skimmed again. Gets a 2/5. I could give details if anyone wants but I am still the new person so no one cares.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

4. thisperson

thisperson Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Saw this when the author posted it, truthfully I mainly read it because I remembered liking on of their one shots, apart form that no other reason.
    (OK maybe the pairing also had something to do with it)
    :p

Other than that it seemed fairly average and I eventually found myself skimming over some parts.

It also seemed like they will be grey yet light sided wizards, and I don't think that was what I was expecting.

I was hoping Bellatrix would turn Harry eventually leading to Dark!Harry.

Eh, I think it should atleast get a 3/5 average although not spectacular. Maybe things will turn around once Harry gets to Hogwarts for OWLS.

5. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

3/5 for now, but after the third chapter I think it might manage to either go up or go into negative numbers.

6. jts360

jts360 Second Year

I liked it, no matter how others might find it cliche, it seems different enough so far to be worth reading.

7. Klael

Klael Headmaster DLP Supporter

Odd...this is the second fic I've found with almost the exact same story line. Smells a little fishy, really....

EDIT: A Surreal Tale, Written by E. M. Pink, published over a year and a half before this one. Now, I haven't read The Blackest Potter yet, but I am going to do so with a keen eye. I have a lot of respect for Pink, and if this author's story is too close....

EDIT 2: Yeah, it's not even close. Nor as good. But, a decent way to waste however long it'd take you to read it. 3/5

Last edited: Jun 10, 2007
  8. DreamRed

DreamRed Seventh Year

Read this awhile ago, and it seemed unremarkable then. While some of the reasons why Bella doesn't go stark raving looney on Harry and slash him up in return for killing her master might be sound with a little work, the distinct lack of any classic Bella insanity at all ruined it for me. She's calm, just harsh enough at times to show she's still mean (coz she was once a DE, get it?), and downright motherly most of the time. I suppose it's good enough if you don't mind non-insane Bella, but I could barely get to the end of chapter 2.

3/5

9. Big D on a Diet

Big D on a Diet Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I don't know about the other one, but this is an answer to a challenge I posted on PP3 in January of '06. Could be why there appears to be more than one.

Big D

10. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Not enough material here to grade properly. Action scenes and writing are solid, but I'm a bit sceptical regarding Harry's time at Hogwarts, as well as this story's chance of ever coming even close to completion.

11. BartucTheBloody

BartucTheBloody Third Year

This fic is alright so far. I found myself skimming through parts, and I didn't like the characterization of Bellatrix. It was also kind of odd that Lucius would risk attacking an Apothecary just because he isn't allowed to say insult muggleborns there. Something about the writing seems a bit odd to me, but I can't really tell what it is. Other than that, it's a decent story so far. 3/5, for now.

12. Marie M

Marie M Raptured to Hell

I just finished it and the story was ok.
    3.5/5

13. Gabrinth

Gabrinth Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

It seemed like the author liked the idea of a 'Grey!Harry' because Bellatrix was his mom but didn't have the balls to write anything but a light sided, Ginny follower. Something about a reformed Bellatrix turns me off so maybe I'm biased. 2.5/5

14. 007_rock

007_rock DA Member

This OOC Bella doesn't suit my tastes at all...... And Lavendar is seen worse than a whore by most ever since the tryst with Weasley in HBP so.....
    2/5