1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned The choices make up history by Hyssopus - T - Naruto

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by whateveritis12, May 13, 2009.

1. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Third Year

Title: The choices make up history
    Author: Hyssopus
    Rating: T
    Pairing: Unknown until author finds a believable way to make it happen
    Chapters: 18
    Words: 104,860
    Updated: Feb 14, 2010
    Published: Feb 28, 2009

Summary: A time travel story based on the theory of what the tailed beasts are and where they get their chakra from.That and the question: if one person was exchanged with another, would history still play out the same? Naruto's soul is sent back in time.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4891729/1/The_choices_make_up_history

Spectacular story about what would happen if an 18 year old Naruto gets put into a dying Minato's body (the story is better at explaining it). Very easy read that you'll find enjoyable.

Good update speed (13 chapters between late feb and now)

And a very good look at what the life of a ninja might be like.

5/5

Checked by Minion, February 15, 2015

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  2. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Wtf? You gave this shit 5/5?

The fic that directly rips off Aikora's Voice From A Distant star (immigration idea with Kushina meeting wtf?!) and Hakanamu's Time of No Return (switch with Minato's body with a time travel jutsu).

I am not even that concerned about the plagerism, the guy could have just done it unconciously but seriously it has too many similarities for it to be a coincidence.

What really makes this one of the worst failed attempts at time travel is the lack of plot, lack of characterization, Oc's that don't make any sense, and no real goal.

And why the hell are they in Bloody mist doing the Exams? Mist has been having a civil war during this time. This fic could have actually had been good but practically EVERYONE is an OC aside from Kushina.

And the OC Uchiha instructor? "No don't ask me about my past, its bad yo, its real bad. I am going to make you stronger than my clan! Yay!"- You got to be kidding me.

Then there is the Uzumaki clan, why the hell are there so many of them including a big brother? Didn't we make it clear that only Kushina survived? Other wise you wouldn't see Tsunade saying "Ahh right, she was from that ninja clan from Uzu." I don't think you would have seen her have to think much if she could remember more than one Uzumaki.

The characters keeping getting added but they don't do shit for the story, sure I like the pace but you can't read this fic a second time becuase it is really that bad, there is just nothing here to work with, and I tried, I really did.

I have no idea where the hell this story is going and frankly I don't want to. I don't normally hate time travel but this has to be one of the most inaccurate fics I have seen in my life, next too that fic Sakura travels back in time to kick ass, yeah right, more like she'd get anally raped.

2/5.

Last edited: May 13, 2009
  3. Ksai

Ksai Third Year

TBH - I'd rate this fic 3.5. It is not a complete waste of ones time, but the ammount of mistakes is just ruining this story. Fugaku just two years older then Minato? So many whirpool ninjas and Mist exam...

Still. If you have nothing to read and you are desperate to read a new Naruto fic - this is a good choice.

4. sincostan

sincostan High Inquisitor

3.5, meaning almost worthy of the library? Even from the way you're describing it sounds like a 3 at best.