1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

WIP The Fire Shadow of Fairy Tail by Paradox Jast - T - Naruto/Fairy Tail Crossover

Discussion in 'Naruto' started by Lungs, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Lungs

Lungs KT Loser ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Title: The Fire Shadow of Fairy Tail
    Author: Paradox Jast
    Rating: T
    Genre: Adventure/Romance
    Category: Other - Naruto - Crossover
    Pairing: Naruto and Erza Scarlet
    Chapters: 16
    Words: 121,089
    Updated: August 28, 2011
    Published: June 4, 2010
    Summary: "War is hell. It took a while, but Naruto finally understood Pain's words. However, the war becomes the least of his worries when he is brutally thrust from his homeland into the great unknown. Welcome to Earthland. Population: Mages. Nin nin!"
    Link: FFn

At first I was sort of skeptical of the quality of the story and all, due to the terrible title. :facepalm But I enjoy torturing myself by reading bad crossovers when I'm bored, so I went ahead and read it. There's a bunch of points that I'm sort of ambivalent about, such as the humor falling flat at times... but overall, it's a damn good read. And it's grammatical!

There are a bunch of things that 'hook' when it comes to it - Naruto's Guild Card, for example, the over-the-top drama that manages to come off as fun to read, rather than annoying (much like the story of Fairy Tail itself). It's definitely the best Naruto/FairyTail crossover out there - though that's not really saying much, is it? :(

Yet, there are some plot points that are done very well - Naruto's quest to return to the Elemental Nations being one of them. It manages to balance fluffy and fun with sentimental a lot better than most crossovers out there.

It's an almost-solid 4/5, due to the fact that it's a bit more than just another pleasure fic. Now if the author would only update...

Checked: June 10, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2012
  2. TheWiseTomato

TheWiseTomato Prestigious Tomato ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'd agree with the 4/5. The story is well written, with few errors to be found. Read it a while back, and while not hugely funny, it was still enough to keep me grinning through the relevant parts.

I imagine if I'd had any idea what Fairy Tail was before reading I'd have a different opinion on it. The fic does well to introduce people to the cross that haven't seen it before, though.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2011
  3. Lungs

High Score:
    Yeah, I only peripherally aware of Fairy Tail before it - it made me want to read the manga :X

4. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

Definitely a 4/5. I cannot beleive you guys haven't read the Manga yet though. I recommend :) (Look at my avatar -,-)

5. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

By normal crossover standards it's good, yeah, but crossovers are so often terribad... No serious fails in the crossover aspects, competent writing, average plot and not-especially-good dialogue. 3/5.

6. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

It's certainly not bad. In terms of writing, there's little stylistic flair; but it isn't of detriment to the story. The plot is probably what I'd highlight as the worst part - the story follows canon so far to a fault, and any changes that are made don't seem to affect much. (Though it does change it enough to keep it interesting) Naruto's a bit overpowered-feeling, to be honest, but I enjoy that.

Besides that, though, it's a fun - if not outstanding - crossover. I'd recommend it as a read to pass the time. 3/5

7. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

The early chapters are rough, but it improves. Naruto is over powered compared to the rest of the Fairy Tail cast so far, but the author promises that upcoming antagonists will fix that.

4/5

8. oakes

oakes Unspeakable DLP Supporter

I had liked it when I read it. I mean it was not earth shattering or anything but, it made you read it. Anyway the overpowered thing, was reasonable. As, even with all their magic, a competent Naruto would still come of as a powerhouse, if you think about the possible diversity of his techniques.

Though most others are angstfilled, sappy, this one has a fine edge. The relationship's development between Erza and Naruto was neatly done.

Anyway 4/5. The best written FairyTail/Naruto crossover.

9. DrSarcasm

DrSarcasm Headmaster

New chapter up. Kinda short with little action, but at least he's back to writing.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  10. Lungs

High Score:
    No fucking way. I thought that shit was abandoned. EPIC WIN!

11. tragicmat1

tragicmat1 Death Eater

12. Rah

Rah Death Eater

A new chapter is up, and it seems like the author is back for good. I know him and it looks like he's getting back into writing again. Woo :D

13. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Well shit, time to start rereading all previous chapters. My head's full of fuck all and I can't remember anything that distinguishes it from other Fairy Tail stories.

And I was so looking forward to sleeping,too.