1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Founders: Pieces of Life by Aedalena - T

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mors, Oct 5, 2008.

1. Mors

Mors Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Title: The Founders: Pieces of Life
    Author: Aedalena
    Category: General/Humor
    DLP Category: Humor
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2967242/1/The_Founders_Pieces_of_Life

Summary: A collection of short ficlets set in the Nullifier universe, following the lives of the founders before (and possible after) Harry's arrival.
    First chapter: Godric's sword, Salazar's locket, late night duels, magic of dubious legality, Morass, rumours, battle wizards. It's Godric's birthday, and Salazar is being cryptic, as usual.

I've always been a fan of Aedalena, and Nullifier remains one of my all-time-great fanfic reads. It's an old fic, one of the oldest in the fandom, I'd guess. And it was very popular in its day, and extremely enjoyable, even though it had its moments of threateningly intense angst, but that got relegated to the background iirc.

Now Aedalena has started this one, and I'm happy because that means Nullifier is really, really going to be finished one of these days. The chapters of this one, I like. As vignettes or missing moment types designed to show us a bit more about the Nullifier universe, they do their job. Salazar's humor tends toqwards the sarcastic and the darkly funny, and the Founders are awesome, and maybe I'm just biased...

And if this recc makes some more people read an old fic that's mostly overlooked these days, so much the better.

2. Anme

Anme Professor

I read Nullifier thanks to this thread and I liked it very much so that's good,
    but I don't think this thread belongs in the library. It's nice to read after having read Nullifier but it's nothing that special.
    Maybe a link to this could be added in the Nullifier thread instead.

3. Stormey

Stormey Groundskeeper

These small ficlets would have been better off in the story itself, as a part of nullifer. now that we already know what will happen, it seems out of place.

On a side note, Nullifier is probably gonna be continued.
    I got this email from the author,

I'm glad you've enjoyed Nullifier. I do plan to continue updating it; I've been working on several related stories over the past year, but I plan to give Nullifier some attention in the next few months. Hopefully you'll be seeing an update sometime soon!

Thanks,
    Aed

4. The DarIm

The DarIm Groundskeeper

Oh man! I had all but forgotten about Nullifier, thanks for reminding me. I just read it again and it's still as good as it was the first time I read it.
    But I agree with the above posters, put it up as an additional link in the Nullifier thread.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Anyone else have an opinion of this?

6. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Its interesting but I can't even make an opinion on this, its not even a oneshot!

7. Tinn Tam

Tinn Tam Review Goddess Retired Staff

Second bump.

Other opinions on this story?