1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Girl Series - LotRxBtVS

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by ReverseSide, Dec 5, 2009.

1. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

Title: The Girl
    Fandoms: Buffy the Vampire Slayer :: Middle Earth (Lord of the Rings)
    Rating: Hard to figure out. It feels mature, but there's no graphic scenes of... anything.
    Genre: ???
    Summary:And I, who looked into her eyes and was lost, then, perhaps, I, too, could find my way back.
    Link: Twisting the Hellmouth

More Complete Synopsis: Buffy falls into the Tolkien's world. There's not much more I can say about this - but it is truly spectacular. Tolkien's voice is preserved, but there's an element of Jennifer's writing that pervades the story - actually adding to the narrative rather than distracting from it. I love it. Men love it. Women love it. Even Tehan loves it.

Jennifer has a beautiful writing style, emotional and powerful. The scenes vibrate with intensity. Also, the way Jennifer writes from other characters' view instead of Buffy is remarkable, because the story doesn't get confusing or become lacking because of it. In this case, I think it just makes it stronger and unique. The slow build-up of the plot is amazing because the pace is just right and had me on the edge of my seat for the entire ride. The only warning is this: you may not enjoy the ultimate ending - if it truly is the end (many reviewers have asked for more).

5/5.

Edit: She also writes crazily epic TroyxBtVS, Kingdom_of_HeavenxBtVS

2. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

Thanks for the actual summary. Hate it when writers don't actually provide one.

Forgive me, but a Buffy/Elrohir/Ellandan love triangle? What are the chances Buffy shacked up with Orlando Bloom and Brad Pitt in the other crossovers?

There's no exposition as to how Buffy ended up in the LoTR universe. Why is this a crossover exactly?
    The translations and the Buffy/Elrohir/Elladan love triangle make me a little skeptical.

Chapter 2

Mmhmm.

Feels like the inner monologue of Edward Cullen toward Bella Swan.

Edit: Her Troy crossover is pretty epic. I retract what I said about it.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  3. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Gangbang? or Gang rape?

4. ReverseSide

ReverseSide Slug Club Member

She doesn't actually end up with Elrohir or Ellandan. The first part is more of establishing Buffy's presence in Middle Earth; and how the people there would view a Slayer. Consider: the Slayer is part magic, and we all know how LoTR people view magic... The 9th in the series is where the "actual" story begins.

@ Zero: did you actually read the story?

5. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

As much as I loved this, it features the same problem I see all to often - people completely omitting 'threesome' from their list of options, and angst resulting.

Seriously, it was emphasized very strongly in the story that those twins do everything together. Why can't they do Buffy together?

6. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

No. "Establishing Buffy's presence" is how the hell she ended up there, not plunging the reader into a love triangle without explanation. It's like she took a properly structured story and deleted everything leading up to that point.

Thus story depends very much on the generosity of the reader.

ma nat which one

yuuyo both

7. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The story sacrifices coherence of plot to style far too much.

It almost doesn't even have a plot. Each entry feels like we've walked into a story midway with no explanation. Most of the story is made up of descriptions of emotions and melodramatic angsty internal monologue.

Needs far more narration.

Buffy also needs to act far more like the slayer.

Finally, the whole succubus-esque quality of Buffy's eyes is completely random and a clumsy plot device to get literally everyone to fall for her.

2/5

Edit: Completely agree with Andro about how the story feels like Twilight.

8. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

That's exactly my point. They both love her. She loves both of them. They then proceed to angst like fuck over the situation instead of making Buffy the meat in an elf twin sandwich.

9. Scott

Scott Professor DLP Supporter

But it's just fucking fail, I agree with everything Andro said. I read chapters 1-2 and skimmed over chapters 3-4 and let me tell you, there is nothing there.

We get Buffy captured by orcs in chapter 3 and then in 4 she is escaped or whatever but no explanation on how. How the hell did she get in middle earth to begin with? and BTW Love Triangles = auto fucking fail imo.

10. ZeroTheDestroyer

ZeroTheDestroyer Auror

Which one? The Girl series consists of several stories, within stories, which pretty much just revolves around a new guy wanting to bang the living shit out of Buffy.

I am not trying to insult you, but, seriously, What is there to read?