1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

The Great/Big Football (Soccer) Thread: 17/18 Edition

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Oment, Jul 5, 2017.

1. theronin

theronin Order Member

England's run has been weird. They are a decent team, but having the benefit of the weaker side of the bracket and getting a lot of scoring off set pieces has masked the fact that they haven't been very threatening in open play.

I was very impressed by the tenacity of this Croatian squad. They've played an entire extra game's worth of minutes by now and they were still working their asses off to every loose ball at the end of the game. I don't think they are going to be able to hang with France though.

2. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Order Member DLP Supporter

REMINDER - You have seven, I repeat SEVEN DAYS to unfuck your fantasy PL lineups. Great way to spend a dump or two getting it all sorted.

3. 99redbloons

99redbloons Third Year DLP Supporter DLP Bronze Supporter

High Score:
    Is there a DLP fantasy league and if there is, who runs it?

4. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

@AlbusPHolmes will you be renewing the leagues or should we set up new ones?

5. AlbusPHolmes

AlbusPHolmes The Alchemist

I'll check if I can renew it. Let you know in a couple of hours
    --- Post automerged ---
    I renewed the classic league. @Peteks feel free to set up the H2H one. I'll set it up as well if I get home and you haven't yet.

6. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Code to join DLP H2H Fantasy league: 2479615-636068

@99redbloons

@AlbusPHolmes can you put up the link for the classic league as well? I think some new blood would do us good,considering some of the older participants probably wont play this year...

7. AlbusPHolmes

8. Nexis

Nexis Squib

High Score:
    I'm not sure if I'm doing this properly, but I don't think I'm able to join the classic league. I mean, I can see participants and all, but no "join" button or whatever. I'll send you my email so you can add me.

9. AlbusPHolmes

My derp - the invite code for the Classic League was right above the invite box disguised as a header that I mistook for the title. It's
    2754027-628579

10. Johnnyseattle

@Peteks, I'm trying to join the H2H league, but it's giving me the invalid code error with that number.

11. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Oh, weird, it has worked for others. PM me your email and I'll send you the joining link like that.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  12. Johnnyseattle

Hey, it didn't want to do it on the app, but on the website it worked just fine, I'm in.

13. Jarizok

Jarizok Professor

This looks like fun. Are you guys doing Draft as well?

14. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Nope. Draft would be pretty fun probably, but that's a part of the "American" fantasy leagues like NBA or NFL.

15. Kensington

Kensington Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Whoo! I'm back for Fantasy EPL!

My work schedule is horrendous though, so I just threw together a team with no research. This will be interesting.

16. Peteks

Peteks Order Member

Good to have you back! We've lost quite few of the players from previous years so nice to see someone bounce back :)

17. Nexis

Nexis Squib

High Score:
    I wonder, who do you guys think will win the premier league this season? I'm just curious, as there wasn't any actual discussion here.
    Well for me, if I had to bet on one team, it would be City, but I hope they won't be as good as last season, since I'm more of a Man Utd supporter. Liverpool looks pretty good too with the signings they made and their last season form. Though I'm not sure if they can be consistent throughout the whole season, as that seems to be their weakness.
    I'm not sure about Arsenal and Chelsea. I don't think either of them will be in the running for the championship, but I might be wrong.
    Spurs will probably finish in the top 6, but I don't think they have any real chance of winning the league.
    Man Utd is a mystery to me, they could either struggle to finish in the top six and sack Mourinho before the season ends or actually compete for the championship.
    Anyway, here's my predicted top six:
    1. Man City.
    2. Liverpool.
    3. Man Utd.
    4. Chelsea.
    5. Arsenal.
    6. Spurs.

Though honestly, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs seem to be on a similar level, so it's hard to choose which one of them is better. What do you guys think? Anyone care to share their predictions?

18. Hymsicality

Hymsicality Third Year

God Alexis looked absolutely awful even with a full preseason and rest.

^ I’d say spurs still have a better team than Arsenal even with zero signings, that arsenal Defense just isn’t up to snuff + the inevitable adjustment period for emery. Chelsea might do great or awful its always a mystery, Man U it feels will be swamped with negativity again so even if they do well it’ll feel like they’re constantly on the brink of relegation. Liverpool look scary good actually, every area they looked deficient in at the start of last season they got a world class upgrade, Allison, Van Dijk, Keita and Man City will probably go through some form of second season malaise after their title victory.

I’d pick Liverpool honestly, but wouldn’t be too surprised if they bottled it somehow.

19. Jarizok

Jarizok Professor

I think there’s three tiers within the top six, with Liverpool battling City for the title, Chelsea and Spurs fighting for third and United and Arsenal lagging behind. This might be some wishful thinking on my part for Spurs, but I believe.
    --- Post automerged ---
    Also, it’s the 18/19 season now but I don’t feel qualified to make the new thread.

Someone else do it please! :]

20. telecaster11

telecaster11 First Year

Quite a bit optimistic there with Spurs- I think they are going to be in the battle for fifth. The fact that they did not make a single summer signing is incredible.