1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice

The Great/Big Football (Soccer) Thread: 17/18 Edition

Discussion in 'Real Life Discussion' started by Oment, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Gengar

Gengar Polymagus Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think I might cry...

You gotta think he doesn't sign unless he knows a new manager is coming in... Right?

Right?!

Too greedy? [​IMG]

2. The Waco Kid

The Waco Kid Groundskeeper

I think VAR is a good idea, but the really need to work on the communication and make the process better.

@Gengar, the were talking about how transfer policy seemed to have been taken away from Wenger a bit this window and speculated about a new manager incoming because of that and similar thought about the Oil extension on NBCSN postgame/deadline show
    --- Post automerged ---
    And while I'm here, what a win for Spurs today!!

3. The Waco Kid

Celebrities Beware! Aaron Ramsey has just scored a hat trick.

4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

The defense still looks really shoddy, but besides that, there isn't a lot to complain about. I really am getting sick of seeing Xhaka on the pitch, though. There simply has to be a better option than him.

5. Gengar

High Score:
    He's in really poor form, yeah. I still like him. He looks lost /confused a lot. I'm putting it down to poor coaching until the next guy comes in and we see.

I've seen him at monchengladbach being so good so I'm holding out hope.

6. The Waco Kid

Chelsea absoulutely gave up the ghost after fighting back for the equalizer vs Watford

7. Oment

Oment The Betrayer

So, err... This is happening / happened.

8. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    E94BF5BD-5F18-4EB3-84E4-65344237C8E6.jpeg

Meanwhile, in Hamburg…
    Once again, a new head coach embarks on a mission to stave off relegation, their third this season alone. The HSV in its current state is a disgrace to the Bundesliga and to its former glory. A bunch of incompetent buffoons with no clue about football in charge of a club that’s financially ruined and on a drip-feed controlled by a fickle billionaire who doesn’t know when not to leak his personal opinions to the press.

As a fan of Bayern Munich, I’ll miss the yearly tradition of scoring lots of goals against a bunch of insecure or inept mercenaries, it made for great comedy and was a good confidence-builder for struggling players, but as a fan of football, it is truly horrifying to see what has become of this once-great club.

Consider: In mid-december, Cologne, the then-bottom feeder of the Bundesliga table with a measly three points and no wins, came to Munich. They played very well, and came closer to scoring a point in Munich than most teams so far this season. Last Saturday, the HSV was behind by three goals within 18 minutes, and played like an amateur side for much of the game. Had Bayern not considerably eased the pressure, the result could have been much worse than the 6:0 thrashing they got. This was a Hamburg side that was worse than the ones that lost 9:1 & 8:2 in recent years. Simply terrible. They are now seven points away from the playoff-spot against the third-placed team in BL2. Cologne, meanwhile, is level on points with Hamburg and could pass them today to make Hamburg dead-last in the league table.

Disgraceful.

[Picture credit to Eurosport, obviously.]

9. Johnnyseattle

Johnnyseattle Unspeakable DLP Supporter

The King of Egypt, and the only motherfucking Brazilian we needed all along.

[​IMG]

10. Meerkats

Meerkats High Inquisitor

Coutinho must feel like an idiot right now.

11. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    Seeing how the quarterfinals have turned out so far, I‘m a little bit worried for my FC Bayern tonight…

12. Ganago

Ganago Squib

It all turned out to be fine.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Given how we've performed over two legs in every knockout game this tournament, I'd have much rather had Atletico in the final... or you know, not at all...

14. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

Arsene Wenger has announced he’s leaving Arsenal at the end of the season.

15. Gengar

High Score:
    Exciting times. Hope this rallies the team and we win the Europa League.

Queue Simeone doing the same and having the same effect rofl...

16. Ganago

Ganago Squib

Salah, what a player.

17. Nevermind

Nevermind Seventh Year

High Score:
    Terrible efficiency in front of the goal, Robben injured, Boateng injured, and Real appears to get a free pass for every foul they commit. I hate this matchup.

18. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Well... That was thoroughly disappointing. What a shit performance. I really do hope we sell off half the damn squad that played today.

19. Gengar

High Score:
    I think most of the squad is fine. We definitely need a new keeper. I'm hoping we get a brilliant coach in that can help our young defenders go up a level.

Sixth months ago, everyone wanted to shoot Xhaka into the sun, now he's our most consistent arguably most important player.

We have a lot of really good young players. I'm genuinely excited to see if we get a coach that can finally elevate and, you know, coach them.

I'm not sure if we'll have Rambo and Bellerin next season, but with a forward line like ours, we could be so lethal with some structure and clear direction. Honestly can't wait.

Afk for life if we hire Rogers though [emoji14]

The stories about Buvac are really interesting though. I think the bookies have him as heavy favourite. That's an exciting move if true (because it shows they're not just firing from the hip if they'd hired an Ancelotti, for example).

20. Hymsicality

Hymsicality Third Year

Yeh our squad looks super lost whenever xhaka doesn't play, probably the closest we've come to a santi replacement since he got injured.