1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete The Hunt For Harry Potter by Rorschach's Blot - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by ip82, Jul 8, 2006.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Title: The Hunt For Harry Potter
    Author: Rorschach's Blot
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Chapters: 16
    Words: 51,144
    Updated: March 22, 2007
    Published: July 7, 2006

Pairings: None
    Summary: A Sequel to Make a Wish: Takes place directly after the events of 'Make a Wish,' Harry Potter is missing and his friends are determined to find him.
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3032621/1/

It's funny how nonjon got ispiration for his triology partially from "Make a Wish", and now the sequel of Blot's fic starts up basically as a rip-off of nonjon's "Where in the world is Harry Potter"... It's like one of those apprentice beating the master things... :)

Seriously, this first chapter doesn't have much humor, but sets things up for a potentially interesting story. Basically, several different groups go out on a quest to find Harry Potter and drag him back to Hogwarts, while Harry/Mr. Black is attending university and travelling the world as usual...

I have a funny feeling that these girls (Luna and Hermione) will go through similar transformations as Harry did, and end up in his harem, but there's still hope that Blot might have a few more cards left in that worn out sleeve of his...

The thread of the prequel 'Make a Wish' can be found here:
    https://forums.darklordpotter.net/showthread.php?t=335

Checked by Minion, November 17, 2012

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012
  2. carvell

carvell Professor DLP Supporter

I read 'make a wish' it was ok, this look's like it's going the same way, i'll wait for a few more chapter's to come before i decide wether to read it all or not.

3. Jheph

Jheph Groundskeeper

Oh, I didn't know Rorschach's Blot making a sequel of “Make a Wish”. His works are all recommended fics because of his humour, even though “Make a Wish” quality declined from the middle to the end; it was still a great read.

I think this fic is gonna be a good one.

4. DarthBill

DarthBill The Chosen One

I'm very much looking forward to this. The basic idea behind it seems the same as "Where in the World is Harry Potter," but just the fact that they are actually looking for him, rather than searching the media for him, makes it different.

Note: The goblins like him, but at least for a good reason.

5. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

and the fan boys are waiting for the scene with hermione and luna
    confronting harry while wearing rubber pants, or not?

6. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

Heh, so I'm not the only one who noticed this parallel. Let's just hope that it's not a complete ripoff.

7. Athenia

Athenia Groundskeeper

I doubt it will be. Nonjon's Harry was insane and goofy and in there midst the whole time. This seems like it will be a Harry who really had lost his way a bit and really is darker (even though the story will probably still be the same light tone as MAW).

I'm looking forward to this. It feels like it will be a good light hearted fic to read when you are bored - nothing to blow you away, but still fun and entertaining.

8. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

Hey Dark Minion (and other posters) do you think the story would be a flop if Harry and Pansy saved the day/killed volde with the power of love, and turned the story into a legal potboiler over the will (and all wills in wizarding england).

I hope the writer takes the time to get the wizarding world involved in this legal issue. Death Eater and pure blood, Questionable folk (Mr. Lovegood)
    anybody not bowing to Fudge or any powerful member of the government could be offed and have their estate seized.
    I am sure some government or leader has done this in the past, the Inquisition comes to mind first, veraklon could take us places we have not been before, time will tell

9. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

The story has been updated, Athenia has summed up my thoughts,
    read when bored.