1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

The Invisible Friend, Harry Potter/Hellblazer Idea

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by AbyssalDaemon, Sep 18, 2006.

1. AbyssalDaemon

AbyssalDaemon First Year

Here's a rather strange idea that I had and thought somebody might find interesting.

Do to a screw up in heaven or perhaps the intervention of the Phantom Stranger, instead of going straight to hell (and into the First of the Fallen's hands) John Constantine instead ends up in Hpverse as the guardian angel of a newborn Harry Potter. Events still go the same such as the Peter's betrayal and Harry ending up with the Durselys. However having been struck by the death curse has left Harry capable of seeing John...

John does care somewhat about Harry partly because he's been around him since he was a baby but mainly do to the fact that the longer that Harry's alive the longer that he has to try and figure out a way to stay out of hell and away from the First of the Fallen.

Unfortunately do to the number of entities that John managed to piss off during his former life have made Voldemort and his supporters the least of John and Harry's problems. Both heaven and hell would love to have his head on a plate and if it meant that innocent child had to die... well sacrifices have to be made sometimes. Where this would go after that is up to anyone who feels like writing it.

2. thapagan

thapagan High Inquisitor

There is an unfinished story "Hellblazer:Hpgwarts" by Camwyn. It is posted on the dark arts section of fanfiction alley.

Your idea has some merit, but would take the pair well outside of Harry Potter canon. Would it be a run and hide fic, with John chased by one group and Harry chased by another?

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I think this would be pretty kick-ass if done right. Sure, it'll go well outside of Harry Potter canon, but as long as the basic 'world' is used, and Harry not going 'muggle' for half the damn story or creating a whole new world like 'A Second Chance at Life' with the Harry Potter characters walking in at various times before leaving again, then it should be okay.

I like the idea of Harry being able to see him because of the failed Killing Curse, too. It makes it so Harry has a real reason to see him, and not 'just because'. He should have a strange relationship with the dead because of this. Maybe the Hogwarts ghosts fear him because he feels different with Constantine around him. He feels dead, yet not.

Anyway, I'd love to see this done. It'd be interesting, I'll tell ya that.

4. Mordecai

Mordecai Drunken Scotsman –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I could be good, it could be very good. My only knowledge of Constantine is the film Constantine, and I've never seen Hellblazer. But I think it could be good. Harry would certainly be interesting when he came to Hogwarts.

5. Belgarion213

Belgarion213 Slug Club Member

Hellblazer, if I remember correctly, is a comic about John Constantine. And I agree it could be very very good.

Have you seen read the HP/Hellblazer crossover where somehow John gets chucked into the HP world and ends up teach DADA. it was quite interesting in that in return for help getting home such as the library at Hogwarts, Dumbledore blackmailed him into the teaching position.